Licensed Practical Nurse under the general direction of the Nursing Manager or Supervisor, provides direct resident care to residents of the skilled nursing facility. Adheres to appropriate nursing policies, procedures and standards to administer optimal level of resident care. Works with other health care providers to enhance the quality of life of residents.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Education: Completion of approved course of Practical or Vocational Nursing study
- Experience: Experience in long-term care preferred
- Licensure: Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Michigan
- Skills & Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Primary Job Duties:
- Collaborates and implements resident care in accordance with accepted nursing standards and all state and federal regulations and the specific care plan developed for each resident with RN oversight.
- Manages the care provided to residents assigned by ensuring that CNA’s are providing optimal patient care.
- Assists with completion of all assigned treatments as necessary.
- Completes all daily documentation, monthly summaries and admission assessments, as indicated per schedule with RN oversight.
- Ensures witnessed the completion of all CNA documentation.
- Reports any changes in condition to the nursing supervisor, nurse practitioner and/or physician as appropriate.
- Administers and documents medication in accordance with established standards, making certain that the Medication Administration Record (MAR) is complete. Ensures that medications are administered in a two (2) hour time frame and that all residents have received their appropriate medication.
- Documents in the resident record as appropriate including nursing interventions, nursing notes, and all other pertinent problems resident may be experiencing.
- Makes rounds on the unit every 2 hours as needed and instructs CNA’s on resident care issues.
- Participates in facility programs designed to enhance and improve resident satisfaction. Attends required in-services and training care.
Job Title Licensed Practical Nurse
Category Nursing Professionals
Facility Oakwood Skilled Nursing-Dbn
Department Skilled Nursing Services
Schedule Full time
Hours Unit C ~ Every other weekend ~ holidays
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nurse Jobs please CLICK HIRE