Assistant Bookkeeper Job in Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc. – Brooklyn, NY
Sheltering Arms is seeking to hire an Assistant Bookkeeper. Under the general supervision of the Educational Director, the Assistant Bookkeeper performs the specific functions listed below. Besides, the Assistant Bookkeeper is expected to accept training in all accounting functions related to the center’s operation so that he/she may substitute for the bookkeeper when is required.
Sheltering Arms (formerly Episcopal Social Services) strengthens the education, wellbeing, and development of high-need children, adults, and families in the New York metro area. We serve nearly 20,000 people a year from the South Bronx to Far Rockaway. Through compassion, innovation, and partnership, we respond to our community’s greatest needs and enable individuals to reach the largest heights of their potential. Joining our team is an opportunity to collaborate with hundreds of dedicated colleagues who represent diverse backgrounds and talents as we work together to make a measurable impact on our neighbors in need. Every role at Sheltering Arms brings with it new opportunities for advancement and development so that team members can achieve their professional goals while helping others reach for theirs.
Qualifications of Assistant Bookkeeper
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Approved Bookkeeper’s certification preferred
- Experience with developing and maintaining databases
- Strong presentation and group facilitation abilities
- Six months of experience as a payroll or figure clerk
- Ability to do simple business computations
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- First Aid and CPR training required and recertified as needed
Assistant Bookkeeper Essential Functions:
- Collects and processes fees on a weekly basis
- Monitors fee collection and reports weekly to Educational Director
- Prepares children’s attendance reports and keeps daily staff attendance records, vacation, and sick leave balances
- Provides receptionist and clerical coverage as needed.
- Types lists, records, absence notices, late fee notices, permanent equipment requisition, minutes and agenda for staff meetings, evaluations, menus, reports, etc.
- Maintains permanent equipment inventory
- Complete bank reconciliation statements
- Places orders for supplies
- Assists Educational Director with event planning
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing and downstairs, the operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs.
- Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.
- Physical and PPD clearance required.
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Title Assistant Bookkeeper
Location Brooklyn, NY
Department of Early Childhood Education (ECE)
Type Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Bookkeeper Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.