Personnel Coord Bookkeeper Job Description: Position Purpose is Exemplifies and ensures high customer service in all areas of the job. Provides accurate records of store sales and related transactions while supporting store sales and the overall operating plan. Performs store level cash handling and human resources and personnel functions.
Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Must sit for extended periods of time, move, bend, stoop, kneel, twist and turn frequently. Ability to reach, lift and maneuver items of varying dimensions and sizes up to approximately 20 lbs. Manual dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Requires knowledge of one and two step math calculations (i.e., addition, subtraction, and percent calculations) and basic computer skills.
- Strictly adheres to confidentiality requirements. Appropriately prioritizes workload. Thorough knowledge of cash balancing, cash handling, company policies, benefits, scheduling tools, payroll processing procedures, hiring, training and new associate orientation is required. Must work efficiently through organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and leadership skills, while demonstrating an understanding of Company Core Values as reflected in personal and professional conduct.
- Operates calculator, telephone, computer software and electronic equipment to order products, performs cash balance, plans and performs personnel functions.
- Must utilize cleaning supplies.
- Must be friendly, courteous, sensitive, and maintain a professional demeanor in dealing with customers, co-workers and vendors. Must concentrate and handle interruptions well, work independently, and take the initiative. Excellent attendance is required. Must comply with appropriate grooming and dress code standards. Mental alertness is necessary to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities.
- May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays. Scheduled hours will vary.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Responsible for completing the daily reconciliation, accounting, and cash balancing functions (in some areas this may include counting the safe, counting, maintaining and reconciling self- checkout registers, and preparing the tills and deposits).
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties such as ordering money orders, bus passes, lottery, gift cards, postage and change (if applicable). Administrative duties include the use of various computer programs and e-mail system.
- Monitors cashier accountability and researches and reports problems and shortages to the Service Operations/Front End Manager and Store Director, including out of warranty checks, WIC violations, violation of check cashing procedures, payment variances, improper refunds and voids and till balance irregularities, etc.
- Assists the Store Director with billing and invoices.
- Maintains sales book. Reports daily and/or weekly sales information to the Division Office.
- Partners with Division Asset Protection and front end management team to resolve money and other shrink issues.
- Reports attendance problems to the Store Director and appropriate department manager promptly, including attendance or schedule violations.
- Personnel Coord Bookkeeper Coordinates and maintains all aspects of the hiring process including the computer-assisted application and hiring process. May attend outside recruiting activities, such as job fairs. Supports all in-store recruiting materials, applications, policy sign off forms, etc. Retains records related to the interview and hiring process.
- Reviews internal and external applications, conducts screening interviews and coordinates office manager interviews. Administers the job-posting program. Manages pre-employment drug testing and tax credit process. Completes the new hire process, coordinates training and conducts orientation.
- Serves as liaison between the Human Resources, Payroll, and Benefits Departments. Handles payroll and benefits administration issues and works with Store Director and Human Resources representatives in dealing with some personnel issues. Reviews employee time records for compliance with Company policies. Submits and processes payroll on a timely basis. Maintains all Time and Attendance reports, Time and Attendance Correction Forms, schedules and personnel records in compliance with Company guidelines.
- Orders and assigns uniforms, nametags, and miscellaneous store supplies. Handles outgoing/incoming mail, e-mail, and maintains various office files. Updates break room information/communication boards as needed.
- Personnel Coord Bookkeeper maintains employee HR Records securely and keeps medical data (doctor’s notes, worker’s compensation, FMLA and other medical leave documents, etc.) separate from employee personnel files. Ensures that current personnel records are complete and up to date and that they contain applications, policy statements, etc., by conducting in-store record audits. Submits appropriate staff status and address changes and termination paperwork. Ensures compliance with records retention policy requirements.
- Provides leave of absence request paperwork to employees requesting a leave and provides the employee with instructions on submitting to Human Resources.
- Processes appropriate paperwork for employees going on and returning from leave, reinstatements, termination forms, transfers, job changes, etc.
- Supports front end operations, enforces dress and grooming standards for all Front End employees.
- Ensures those minor employees provide appropriate work certificates before beginning work if any are required, and ensures that they are scheduled and working in compliance with state laws.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA and the confidentiality required under federal and state law.
- Personnel Coord Bookkeeper may coordinate all safety-related activities, including monthly safety meetings. May coordinate service award programs.
- Answers and responds to incoming calls appropriately.
- Ensures proper cleanliness and neat appearance of the office area.
- Responsible for performing all job duties with honesty and integrity, in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Presents positive image to the public.
- Maintains confidentiality concerning employees and store sales information.
- Operates in a temperature controlled office environment.
- Occasional travel, including overnight trips, may be required.
Safety – Sensitive Position:
- Job responsibilities include tasks or duties that could affect the safety or health of the employee performing the work or others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work done by the employees assigned to this job classification. They are not meant to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified which may vary within each store and/or from store to store. The responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified may vary from store to store.
Job Title: Personnel Coord Bookkeeper
Location: Redmond, WA
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Bookkeeper Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.