Bookkeeper Job Summary: Balance and update financial records for the school, maintain a checking account, issue checks, provide assistance to administration in planning the annual budget. Provide timely and accurate processing of invoices and purchase rules through documentation; posts, code and check-in orders for the building.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
To perform this Bookkeeper job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess and display excellent human relations skills when dealing with staff, students, and the community. Ability to actually present
Information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to communicate with students, staff, and community.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to perform duties with awareness of applicable district requirements and Board of Education policies. Regular attendance.
Essential Functions of the Bookkeeper job include the following:
- Receive, code, and deposit all money taken in by the school. Prepare and monitor student fines and obligations, collect fines, and inform administrators regarding outstanding fines.
- Ensure financial records are current and accurate, documenting supporting information on expenses through invoices and vouchers, and checking for verification of receipt of goods and services.
- Post all revenues and expenditures for student and building accounts on the computer and distributes timely printouts to advisors, departments, and principal.
- Prepare, code and submit purchase orders; order office and school supplies.
- Reconcile accounts by verifying computer printout with general ledger and adjusts expenditure and revenue accounts; reconcile activity accounts with a bank statement, deposits, expenses and prepare reports on activity accounts for the principal; reconcile accounts with a bank statement, deposit usage fees, issue referee checks and refunds and make a report for district accounting department; and track grants.
- Adjust activity ledger accounts, expenditures, and revenue account codes and closeout books.
- Calculate and allocate interest income and interest receivable to proper funds; invest student account money into savings account/certificates.
- Receive all charter bus invoices from the bus company, verify usage and codes and forward it to the accounting department.
- Monitor, update, and follow up on athletic information including receipts and fee payments; set up cash boxes for various sporting events, activities, and concessions; balance and deposit cash receipts. Prepare, verify, and issue checks for operations accounts.
Other functions of the Bookkeeper job include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform other various office tasks such as answering phones, typing, sorting mail, providing switchboard relief, preparing bulk mailings, and assisting other staff as needed.
- Prepare reports including Minnesota sales tax report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Regularly required to sit, stand and move throughout the school; must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and must be able to restrain students when needed; and may be required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
$19.98 during 6 (six) month probationary period
$20.28 after 6 (six) month probationary period
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location: Shoreview, MN
Job Categories: Support Staff, Paraprofessional
Job Type: Paraprofessional-Bookkeeper
To more Bookkeeper Jobs, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.