Advent Software, Inc. for Associate User Interface Software Engineer in Boston, MA
This Software Engineer position involves designing and implementing new features in Tamale RMS as well as always working to improve the overall user experience. Successful candidates for this post will report to an Engineering Manager.
Advent Software, Inc.(NASDAQ: ADVS), the world’s leading provider of automated solutions for investment professionals since 1983, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join the Advent Tamale R&D team!
Advent’s Tamale Research Management Solution (RMS) is a unique software solution that enables investment professionals to focus on research and investing. Our clients are analysts, portfolio managers, and traders at some of the industry’s leading hedge funds, traditional asset management funds, endowments, foundations, funds of funds, and private equity firms. Want to shape the user interface and experience for a product that is defining a new field? Do you care about how people use the software? Advent Tamale Software is looking for User Interface engineers to contribute immediately to the user interface and user experience of our front office product, Tamale RMS.
- Working with various engineering teams to design the UI for the features they are implementing.
- Using internal Tamale feedback and client user feedback to rapidly create prototypes.
- Converting user feedback data into a better user experience.
- Implementing and maintaining UI in various parts of the system, including Mobile UIs, Web UIs, and Windows UIs
- Working occasionally in non-UI parts of the system, which might include Java and Jython work on Linux or C# and IronPython work on Windows.
Software Engineer Qualifications Requirements:
- UI development experience with one or more of Mobile UI, The Web UI or Windows UI
- 1+ years of professional programming experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Are brilliant
- Are extremely detail-oriented and never satisfied with the status quo
- Can defend your views on why specific UIs are better than others
- Are a quick learner and never afraid to speak your mind
- Have experience rapidly prototyping user interfaces
- Are excited to work in a fast-moving agile team full of other brilliant people
- Are well aware of current software design trends and best-practice techniques
Though it’d be great if you could fulfill everything on our lists, specific or required skills are not everything. Equally or more important are a demonstrated ability to learn new skills, a desire to play a fundamental role on our rapidly growing team, and general compatibility with the Tamale team.
Why work for Advent?
- 25+ years of successfully providing mission-critical, reliable, trusted solutions to investment management organizations of all sizes.
- 4,500 clients worldwide with over $16 trillion managed with our systems.
- 2nd largest software company headquartered in San Francisco with offices located in New York, Boston, London, Amsterdam, Stockholm, Dubai, Beijing, and Hong Kong.
- Commitment to innovation, which is inspired by client and industry needs.
- Consistent in investing 18% of revenue in R&D.
- Ranked in the top 10 on the list of 100 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times.
- Recognized by CRO Magazine as one of the top 100 Best Corporate Citizens concerning corporate responsibility and business ethics.
This is a full-time staff position with Advent Software, Inc., where highly skilled professionals power the market in automated solutions for investment professionals. Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package include equity compensation, 401(k) with the match, employee stock purchase, and domestic partners coverage.
Local Boston area applicants only, as no relocation assistance is available for this position.
Principals only, please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls, please.
Advent Software, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
To apply: http://tinyurl.com/4d2plbk