Software Engineer Job Description
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M – a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
The Display and Graphics (D&G) Business Laboratory (DGBL) is looking for a software engineer. The Laboratory is a business-level organization engaged in developing new business opportunities by identifying, prototyping and developing technologies and products unrelated to or adjacent to current offerings. DGBL has facilities in St. Paul Minnesota, Austin Texas, and Singapore.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of 3M Display & Graphics (D&G) software products. Key responsibilities include:
- Recommending new products or technologies of relevance to D&G target markets
- Leading the design and implementation of select products
- Consulting with the business team regarding technology development issues
- Analyzing, evaluating, and/or generating intellectual property
- Meeting with customers or potential customers to better understand target markets
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 is required
- Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field is preferred
- Minimum of one (1) years experience in the design and development of commercial software systems is preferred
- Experience with multiple software platforms including, but not limited to: C/C++, .NET framework (C# and VB .NET), Java, and the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack.
- Experience with a variety of data integration standards such as XML, GML/KML, HL7 (for healthcare), DSML, iCal, is desired
- 1 or more publications, invited speaking engagements, or patents is preferred
Employment Statement Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M. 3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: .NET, C#, Consulting, Database, Developer, Engineer, Engineering, Entry Level, Java, Laboratory, Linux, Marketing, Science, Software Engineer, SQL, Technology, XML
to apply : http://tinyurl.com/23vgyw9