Woodward Academy: Long Term Substitute Teacher, Upper School English – College Park, GA
Substitute Teacher Job Description: In the absence of the regular classroom teacher, this position requires an individual to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
Working at Woodward
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in a position at Woodward Academy. It is the wonderful people, including the teachers, administrators, counselors, coaches, and staff members, who make this place so truly special.
Woodward Academy Upper School is seeking a Substitute Teacher for an assignment lasting approximately three months.
- Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans by the classroom teacher.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
- Develops instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears chalkboard, etc.
- Takes attendance in agreement with school procedures.
- Be familiar with school procedures and regulations. Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
- Performs other related duties as directed by principal such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
Woodward Academy offers multiple professional development opportunities to all 665 employees to introduce participants to the inner workings of the Academy—including academic affairs, admissions, advancement, governance, facilities, dining services, and student transportation. These opportunities assure continuity of leadership succession in administrative roles, as well as provide a meaningful way for employees to experience professional and personal growth.
Minimum Qualifications of Substitute Teacher
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required.
- Education and experience – bachelor’s degree or higher. Teaching experience preferred.
Communication skills – ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Must be able to provide both written and oral information and clear directions.
- Reasoning – Ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions furnished in written or verbal form. Ability to establish appropriate priorities in the workflow.
- Computer skills- must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and the internet.
- Physical demands – the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, listen, and lift up to 30 pounds.
Job Title: Long Term Substitute Teacher, Upper School English
Location: College Park, GA