Senior Software Engineer II for Raytheon in Garland, TX
Job Description: As Senior Engineer, you will provide software engineering expertise in the design, development, integration, and implementation of software applications in a complex business environment with multiple, ongoing related software integration initiatives. The development will use a Model-Driven Systems Engineering Approach to design, develop, integrate, and implement software.
Senior Software Engineer will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing and installing software solutions; support and develop … The ideal candidate will have 6 – 10 years of experience. The application is a Logistics Data Management Service (LDMS) that provides access to complete life cycle data for logistics support. Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users
- Must have at least 6 years of experience providing software engineering support, with some experience in web-based applications
- Experience developing data management applications
- Software Design, Development, Implementation, and Integration experience using Java and COTS
- Must have proven Java development skills
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g. DB2/Oracle/SQL Server) and related querying tools
- Experience with modeling tools (example: Rational Software Architect)
- Understanding and/or experience with J2EE solutions, Web Portals, SOA, integration projects, message queues and Web Services (e.g. WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle AS)
- Full life cycle experience using a recognized methodology (e.g., RUP, Waterfall)
- Exposure and/or knowledge of business intelligence tools (e.g., Oracle Discoverer)
- Able to develop documentation as required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
- Experience developing solutions for government/military
- Background in Logistics
- Communicate effectively with team members and strong written communication skills
Required Education: BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related degree.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or another eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Headquartered in Dulles, VA, Raytheon Technical Services Company LLC provides a full spectrum of technical, scientific and professional services to its defense, federal, international, and commercial customers worldwide. It specializes in training, logistics, engineering, product support, and operational support services and solutions for the Mission Support, homeland security, space, civil aviation, counterproliferation, and counterterrorism markets. Technical Services (TS) operates on all seven continents and its customers include all branches of the U.S. Armed Forces, NASA, the Federal Aviation Administration, the U.S. National Science Foundation, Department of Energy, the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, the Transportation Security Administration, and other agencies of the Department of Homeland Security, as well as international governments. With a total annual sales in 2009 of $3.2 billion, and 9,500 employees, TS manages some of the world’s largest government and commercial training contracts including the Warfighter Field Operations Customer Support program, the Air Traffic Control Optimum Training Solution program and technician and salesperson training for an automotive manufacturer. We are also a member of the Metrix Consortium for the U.K. Ministry of Defence’s 30-year Defence Training Review program. TS is one of the United States’ premier operators of the Department of Defense (DoD) ranges. Our achievements include the largest and most successful full-facility military privatization project in U.S. history, logistics and technical support for U.S. government demilitarization activities in the former Soviet Union, and science support services to the National Science Foundation on the continent of Antarctica. TS supports training for every U.S. Army soldier, NASA astronaut, U.S. air traffic controller, and every technician and salesperson with a major U.S. automotive manufacturer; supports human space flight training and mission operations; installs and certifies Federal Aviation Administration and DoD terminal radars and automation systems at airports and airfields throughout the United States; and, provides logistics support to more than 80 percent of major Raytheon programs.