Virgin Islands Behavioral Services: Special Education Teacher – Christiansted, VI
- Attends individual education plan (IEP) meetings for all students and ensures implementation for grades K-12.
- Utilizes effective teaching techniques such as prompting and redirection to maintain students’ on-task behavior.
- Demonstrates high expectations for student learning.
- Creates and implements reward program to improve grades and behavior.
- Maintains current lesson plans and grades for all students, including homework assignments.
- Collaborates with the clinical team to develop Individual Treatment Plan for assigned students.
- Adapts to spontaneous needs of the students and program.
The following are the job requirements for the Full Time Special Education Teacher position:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in special education. Special education teacher certification preferred.
- Ability to follow program guidelines.
- At least two years’ experience teaching children or adolescents.
- Knowledge of major aspects of adolescent treatment, growth, development, and therapeutic relationships.
- Bilingual applicant preferred; at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one’s self-understood to all individuals.
Virgin Islands Behavioral Services (VIBS), a 30-bed behavioral health facility, with three out-patient programs and an educational component, has been providing quality healthcare to the residents of the Virgin Islands since 1995. The programs are located on St. Croix, with an out-patient program on St. Thomas. An interesting and challenging experience awaits you as an employee of VIBS. You will join a group of talented, caring professionals, all committed to providing the best in quality care to our diverse resident population.
Job Title Special Education Teacher
Location CHRISTIANSTED, VI US United States
Region the United States
Job Type Full Time
Minimum Education Required Master’s Degree