Tyco: Principal Software Engineer – Westford, MA
The Principal Software Engineer will be involved in the full lifecycle of software development which will require working as part of the software team, attaining pre-agreed schedules, offering software solutions and contributing to new ideas at a Senior level in a Client/Server Architecture. This role will develop on both the current.NET platform and Web Client.
Tyco’s Security Products business unit provides market leading security solutions to customers in all key vertical markets from Retail to Gaming to Commercial buildings. The Product Manager network video solution is responsible for tactical operations of our family of Network Video Recorders (NVR) and Video Management Systems (VMS).
Tyco is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key drivers to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
- Design, modification, development, writing and implementation of software application
- Participate/Leading in the design and specification process from a technical perspective
- Develop technical product specifications and documentation
- Participate in debugging and design reviews
- Mentorship of junior engineers from a technical perspective
- Presentations and Training to areas outside of engineering on Technical topics
- Produce and review architectural software designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 15 years related experience or a minimum of 20-25 years relevant experience with a High School diploma
- Strong experience in developing and consuming web services(SOAP and REST).
- Essential experience in CSS styling.
- Experience with developing client-server type applications in C# and .NET.
- Experience with Multi-threaded development in an enterprise architecture: thread synchronization, locks, database concurrency.
- Experience with developing localizable WinForm & WPF applications.
- Expertise level of diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Self-driven with a desire to succeed.
Highly desirable skills:
- Experience in working with HTML5, Angular Framework.
- Experience in working with Node JS.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with No-SQL databases (Mongo, CouchDB etc.).
<<< To Apply Principal Software Engineer >>>
To more software engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.