Optikos: Software Engineer – Wakefield, MA
This position reports to a senior software engineer but requires a high degree of self-motivation as well as the ability to work well in multidisciplinary teams. The person we are looking for will have strengths in programming applications that interface with peripheral hardware such as cameras, frame-grabbers, motion control systems etc, and a proven record writing creative bulletproof code. Mathematical aptitude (do you know what a fast Fourier transform is?) and experience with optics or image processing is a big plus.
We are an established engineering company with a world-class offering of optical metrology products looking for a skilled software engineer to contribute towards the development of application code. This is a serious engineering position – not a fuzzy web-development opportunity! If you meet these requirements and are looking for an opportunity to use your programming skills to write code that does something useful, then please contact us!
- Manage software development projects.
- Participate in engineering service projects.
- General maintenance, support, and improvement of existing product application code.
- Writing technical documentation such as user manuals for existing software products.
- Provide technical support to customers and projects on software related issues.
- Minimum of five years of software development experience on Windows platforms using Microsoft C# and other .NET languages and experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 or newer.
- Minimum of three years of software programming experience in the Microsoft .NET framework with expertise in Microsoft Remoting or Windows Communication Foundation (WCF).
- Experience in programming Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) is a plus.
- Strong experience in instrumentation development.
- Experience in programming computer device interfaces such as general I/O, serial communications, CANbus, Ethernet card, USB, FireWire etc.
- Bachelor or higher degree in computer science or a relevant engineering or science degree.
- Experience or knowledge of optics, photonics, or image processing is preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, and eager to learn.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Experience writing firmware is a plus.
- US Citizenship or permanent residency required.