Natural Grocers: Financial Accountant – Lakewood, CO
Financial Accountant (or financial accountancy) is the field of accounting concerned with the summary, analysis and reporting of financial transactions pertaining to a business. This involves the preparation of financial statements available for public consumption. Stockholders, suppliers, banks, employees, government agencies, business owners, and other stakeholders are examples of people interested in receiving such information for decision-making purposes.
While financial accounting is used to prepare accounting information for people outside the organization or not involved in the day-to-day running of the company, management accounting provides accounting information to help managers make decisions to manage the business.
Job description: The Financial Accountant responsibilities include preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. Areas of focus include banking, store sales reporting, balance sheet reconciliations and a variety of accounting tasks including monthly close.
- Bank account reconciliations including operating account, payroll account, and store deposit accounts
- Review managers’ cash notes for all stores on a daily basis
- Create weekly Cash Over/Under report
- Research and review the Cash Over/Short
- Intercompany clearing
- Work with Purchasing Department and A/P to collect outstanding Trade and Coupon receivables
- Prepare Sales and Use Tax filings on a monthly basis
- Prepare Property Tax filings on an annual basis
- Cross train with other staff accountants in monthly close responsibilities and reconciliations
- Assist with new store setup including licenses
- GL account reconciliations
- Journal Entries
- Ad hoc reporting and projects
Although this is a general outline of job responsibilities all employees are expected to be “hands on” and do whatever it takes to get the job done and make the company thrive.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in finance/accounting or equivalent
- 1-4 years with progressively more responsibility in an accounting department, preferably in the retail industry.
- Strong analytical, organizational and research abilities
- Must be detailed oriented, able to work both independently and as a team player
- Must welcome change as a necessary part of a growing company
- Must be capable of managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Effective communicator with the ability to collaborate with management as well as within various functional and financial groups.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of Access are required
- Title: Financial Accountant
- City: Lakewood
- State: CO
- Location: CO, Lakewood – 12612 W. Alameda Pkwy (GM)
To apply >>> get it on Indeed.com