Moses Cone Health System: Certified Nurse Midwife – Greensboro, NC
This Certified Nurse Midwife position is responsible for assisting and providing direct services to low-risk and high-risk pregnant women and their families throughout the childbearing process both within the hospital and at the various outpatient offices. In addition, it is accountable for evaluation, treating and assisting in the triage of patients who present to Maternity Admissions of Women’s Hospital for care. The provider is also expected to assist in the response to any emergency situation that may arise on the unit. This position will also require the initial assessment, stabilization and appropriate transfer of patients as indicated.
This Certified Nurse Midwife position is accountable for performing medical acts as allowed by law and regulations governing Nurse Midwives. In addition, this position provides education and preceptor support for residents, and students of advance practice nursing and medicine. This position serves the following patient care categories: pregnancy, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.
- Position Title: Certified Nurse Midwife
- Department: 20157-WHG-OB/GYN Medicine
- Job Interest Category: Nursing
- Job Interest (specific): Certified Nurse Midwife
- Campus/Location: Womens Hosp
- City: Greensboro
- Work Schedule: Assigned work schedule varies
- Specific Work Schedule Detail: Varies
- Hours per week: 32
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Clinical knowledge and skills related to adolescent, adult, and geriatric female patients are required and will be assessed during the performance appraisal process.
- Working knowledge of epidemiology principles.
- Public speaking ability preferred
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving techniques and leadership skills
- Program development and implementation experience
- Stand and/or stoop frequently
- Lift thirty pounds or more four or more times an hour
- Sufficiently mobile to push stretchers, wheelchairs, carts and equipment
- Visualize computer screens, medical records, forms and equipment screens
- Communicate via telephone and other automation vehicles
- Ability to evaluate and appropriately respond to verbal and nonverbal communication from patients in diverse stages of development, i.e., adolescent and adult.
* Physical job demands may be subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- 3 years midwifery experience required
*An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Graduation from an approved Nurse Midwifery program
- Masters Degree preferred
- Nurse Midwife licensed to practice in North Carolina
- CPR and ACLS Certification required
- A current American Heart Association (AHA), Basic Life Support (BLS) card for Health Care Provider is required.
MAJOR WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provide full-scope midwifery care to women throughout their reproductive lifespan.
- Provide individualized, family-centered care to low-risk and high-risk pregnant women and their families throughout the childbearing process.
- Provide collaborative care for patients whose medical or obstetrical status dictates direct physician involvement in the care and treatment of the patient but whose overall status is acceptable for midwifery management
- Provide collaborative care for patients whose medical or obstetrical status dictates direct physician involvement in the care and treatment of the patient but whose overall status is acceptable for midwifery management.
- Initiate and carry out medically acceptable emergency procedure when complications arise until the physician arrives to manage the complication.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat all female patients, who have reached menarche, in collaboration with the primary or back-up supervising physician, who present to the Maternity Admissions Unit with OB/GYN and select primary care complaints.
- Provide initial assessment and stabilization procedures for infants, children, males, and any individual of any age or gender presenting with non-OB/GYN complaints to the Maternity Admissions Unit and arrange for appropriate transfer to another, more appropriate facility when deemed necessary; in collaboration with the primary or back-up supervising physician and receiving facility and accepting physician.
- Precept residents, midwifery students, nurse practitioner students, and PA students
- Maintain current and develop future theoretical and technical competencies regarding obstetrics, gynecology, primary care, and emergency medicine.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and as within the scope and competencies of a Nurse Midwife
About Moses Cone Health System
Cone Health (formerly Moses Cone Health System) serves patients in central North Carolina through five acute and specialty care hospitals with a total of more than 1,000 beds. Its facilities include Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, Wesley Long Community Hospital, Annie Penn Hospital, Moses Cone Behavioral Health Center, and the Women’s Hospital of Greensboro. Specialty services include rehabilitation, cancer treatment, neurology, and heart and vascular care. The health care provider also operates outpatient clinics and nursing homes. Founded in 1911; its flagship hospital was named after textile giant Cone Denim’s founder, Moses Cone (it was started in Cone’s honor by his wife, Bertha Cone).
To apply Certified Nurse Midwife >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=2ca0f7be6a6724b7