Community of Hope: Certified Nurse Midwife – Washington, DC
The ideal Certified Nurse Midwife candidate will have at 1-2 years of full-scope midwifery experience. (Will consider new graduate with substantial birth experience) Candidates will need to be licensed in DC and need to have had experience serving the underserved. Bi-lingual Spanish, experience with an electronic health record, and out-of-hospital experience are desirable.
Certified Nurse Midwife requirement a Minimum Qualifications:
- Current license as a nurse-midwife in the District of Columbia
- National certification as a midwife
- Experience with both hospital and out-of-hospital births
- Commitment to working with the underserved
- Ability to work in a nonprofit environment
- Current adult CPR certification (ACLS or BLS for the Healthcare Provider or equivalent)
- Current neonatal resuscitation certification (NALS or NRP or equivalent
- Participation in appropriate continuous medical education
- NRP Certification
- DEA License
- ANCM Certification
Community of Hope (COH) is a rapidly growing, innovative, and mission-driven nonprofit. We provide health care, housing, and supportive services for low-income, underserved, and homeless people in Washington, D.C. We operate three community health centers, offering medical, dental, and behavioral health care, as well as birth services. We work to end homelessness by providing housing and supportive services such as employment search and training, housing search, wellness coordination, and mentoring and youth services.
Community of Hope was selected as one of the Washington Post’s 150 Top Workplaces in 2014. We received the 2012 Washington Post Award for Excellence in Nonprofit Management and the 2014 Leadership Greater Washington Innovative Community Partnership Award. We were also recognized in 2012 by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home.
Our Beautiful Birthing Center in the heart of Washington, D.C has an immediate opportunity for a part or full-time CNM to join our full scope practice. This Certified Nurse Midwife is an excellent opportunity to serve a very diverse population with a focus to improve outcomes for the underserved population in Washington DC. We offer both birth center and hospital birth opportunities for our clients including water births at the birth center. We are full attendings at Washington Hospital Center with a good team of OBGYN’s that are available for consultation as well as providing perinatal services when needed. Along with our family and pediatric nurse practitioners, we provide complete care for families.
Highlighted Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the care of women and their newborns and gives direct client services including: antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn, family planning, and gynecological care, according to the standards of the American College of Nurse-Midwives, the American Association of Birth Centers, and the policies, procedures and clinical guidelines of Community of Hope at
- Family Health and Birth Center and Washington Hospital Center.
- Adheres to the established risk criteria, regarding the physician consultation, co-management, or referral of any client who develops symptoms of medical or obstetric complications.
- Cooperates with clinical and office policies and protocols.
- Participates in quality management activities, including peer review.
- Maintains the required productivity numbers expected by Community of Hope, as set by the board.
- Completes and locks all progress note within 72 hours of patient visit.
- Documents all patient encounters, including face to face, telephone, and electronic communications, in the medical record in a timely fashion.
- Uses all mandatory, structured fields as required.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with other providers.
- Is a flexible team player, and helps other providers and staff as needed.
We offer great benefits for Certified Nurse Midwife including:
- Medical Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Dental Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Vision Plans through CareFirst BlueCross Blue Shield
- Life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- Employer paid lunch period
- And much more…
Benefits include: FTCA malpractice insurance (no tail needed), FQHC eligible, a generous Paid Time Off policy, funding for CME and paid CME days, company contributions to a retirement plan after two years, and a cafeteria plan to cover health insurance and other related services.
To apply Certified Nurse Midwife Job >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=06cfcfacf709f606