Kite Pharma: Senior Accountant – Santa Monica, CA
We Kite Pharma, Inc. are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Senior Accountant. You will work with the finance team in supporting our efforts in this exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. This role will be a hands-on resource reporting to an Accounting Manager.
Kite Pharma, an equal opportunity employer, is located in beautiful Santa Monica, CA just steps from Santa Monica Blvd and right off the 10. We are able to offer the opportunity to be part of the first 100 employees in this successful, fast growing company. A place everyone knows your name and respects your opinion while at the same time offering benefits and time off packages commensurate to any large corporation. Did we forget to mention the stock options? To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.kitepharma.com.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- At least five years of relevant experience with at least two years in an accounting role at a publicly traded company
- Working knowledge of Oracle Fusion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word)
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, results oriented and cross-functional team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Track record of providing a high level of customer service to internal customers
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Responsibilities of Senior Accountant Job (include but are not limited to):
- Manage fixed assets accounting, prepaid expenses and other asset accounts, including preparation of journal entries and monthly/quarterly reconciliations
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting
- Assist with monthly/quarterly closing process
- Assist with the annual audits and quarterly reviews, including managing tie-out binders
- Payroll and benefits processing and recording into general ledger
- Assist with development and implementation of internal control policies and procedures for SOX 404 compliance
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Other duties as assigned
Kite Pharma is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel cancer immunotherapy products designed to harness the power of a patient’s own immune system to selectively target and kill cancer cells. Our core technology involves the genetic engineering of T cells, or white blood cells, to express either chimeric antigen receptors (CARs) or T cell receptors (TCRs) for the treatment of advanced solid and hematological malignancies. We are on a rapid growth trajectory and have a highly energized and accomplished team. Kite is publicly traded (NASDAQ: KITE) with a current market well over $2 Billion.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Accountant opportunity, please submit your resume or CV, cover letter, and salary requirements. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
Job Title Senior Accountant
Location Santa Monica, CA
Must have experience