Financial Advisor – Inside Sales Rep with Base Salary plus Commissions at VALIC in Houston, TX
Internal Financial Advisor – VALIC Retirement Education Center
Are you looking for a unique opportunity that provides long term career development in a growing and lucrative marketplace? Do you seek a company that is willing to invest time, resources and guidance towards your professional development?
Then set yourself apart by joining our exclusive team of licensed account specialists, retirement advisors and financial advisors who work with the most affluent clients of VALIC (Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company).
For more than half a century, VALIC has served as a leading retirement plan provider for K-12 schools and school districts, as well as for higher education, government, and not-for-profit healthcare institutions. VALIC has more than $62 billion in assets and manages plans for nearly 25,000 groups serving nearly 2 million program participants. With our array of products and services, you can take a personalized approach to retirement and wealth planning, offering customized solutions for individual needs.
Financial Advisor Position Overview:
Internal Financial Advisor works within the VALIC Retirement Education Center. Their objective is to create awareness regarding VALIC’s investments and services, to ensure that VALIC is the client’s primary investment advisor and to create “front of mind” relationships with these customers to capture future investment opportunities.
Internal Financial Advisor is responsible for:
- Contacting non-flowing, low-balance VALIC clients to ensure the client is satisfied with his/her current account
- Engaging clients to determine their plans for VALIC funds, determine if funds are at risk and identify opportunities to position other VALIC retirement accounts or investments for the funds
- Determining what retirement income sources the client currently has or will have and discussing investment solutions at VALIC available for outside investable assets
- Developing financial plans for high net worth clients
- Cross-selling insurance and investments through the VFA Broker Dealer
This position is located in North Houston at our Greenspoint office. It is a phone-based sales position with the commission being the primary source of income but does include a base salary.
Training and development are a core focus of the Retirement Education Center. The following outlines the new hire training and licensing process:
- Six week training period including sales, product, technical, practice management, phone skills and production training
- Ongoing individual and group training is provided in the following areas: Taxes, Investments, Insurance, Estate Planning, Sales Training and Financial Planning
- Company sponsored licensing available for nonlicensed sales professionals to be obtained during the training period
Financial Advisor Position Requirements
- 2+ years of Financial Sales experience
- Active FINRA Series 6 or 7 license
- Active FINRA Series 63 and 65, or 66 license(s)
- Active state variable life and health license
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Some Saturday hours