Del Taco: Restaurant Accounting Specialist – Lake Forest, CA
We are currently a seeking Restaurant Accounting Specialist a qualified, intermediate-level accounting generalist to join our Accounting team at our Corporate Headquarters in Lake Forest, CA. The Company is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
This Restaurant Accounting Specialist position provides key support to the Restaurant Sales & Cash Management Manager and performs general accounting activities. This position is responsible for the accurate & timely reporting of restaurant sales including reconciliation of all deposits and posting to the general ledger in a multi-unit, high volume environment while ensuring compliance with company policies and GAAP. This role also assists in creating and maintaining accurate restaurant sales processes and procedures and assists the manager with other projects related to the department as needed.
Essential Job Duties
- Reviews company restaurant sales for 300+ locations and resolves discrepancies as needed.
- Reconciles company restaurant deposits to bank reports daily; includes cash, credit card, and gift card deposits.
- Monitors and responds to all credit card chargebacks.
- Monitors and investigates guest refunds.
- Provides credit and gift card support to Marketing and Guest Service Departments.
- Creates and distributes reports on a daily and weekly basis.
- Responsible for final close of company restaurant sales each fiscal week; includes posting sales, cash, over/short and other related information to the general ledger.
- Miscellaneous projects as needed
- Data Entry
- Filing – Light Volume
- Word Processing Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma minimum; Prefer AA or higher in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Administrative and General Accounting
- 10-key by touch a must
- Strong Excel skills required; intermediate level or higher
- Detail, result and deadline oriented with professional demeanor
- Strong computer software knowledge; technical savvy
- Independent self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Flexibility in adapting to rapidly changing priorities
- Willingness to learn and take on new assignments
- Intermediate-level experience using Word and Outlook
In Return we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package to include:
- Competitive compensation package
- Corporate Bonus Incentive Plan
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Life, AD&D, and Supplemental life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-Paid Legal
- VPI Pet Insurance
- AFLAC Income Protection Plans
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Discretionary Matching Contributions
Job Title Restaurant Accounting Specialist
at the following location(s) Corporate Headquarters in Lake Forest, CA