Coroplast Tape Corporation: Bookeeper – Rock Hill, SC
The Bookeeper work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to SAP accounts and cost centers from a variety of accounting documents.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files.
- Reconciles and balances accounts.
- Compiles reports to show statistics such as cash receipts and expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, cash flow, profit and loss, and other items pertinent to the operation of the business.
- Calculates and enters employee time from records or time cards and assures approval thereon.
- Prepares withholding, Social Security, and other tax reports.
- Computes, types, and mails monthly statements to customers.
- Completes records to or through trial balance.
- Prepares accurate reports as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the Company.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Spreadsheet software (Excel); Accounting software (SAP); Internet software and other Microsoft Software applications.