CB Richard Ellis – Houston, TX
CB Richard Ellis Group, Inc. (NYSE: in terms ofCBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate serve regarding 2009 revenue). The Company has approximately 29,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real estate owners, investors and occupiers through more than 300 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CB Richard Ellis offers strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; corporate services; property, facilities and project management; mortgage banking; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management; and research and consulting. CB Richard Ellis has been named a Business Week 50 œbest in the class company for three years in a row.
Our Capital Markets group combines the company’s investment sales and mortgage banking businesses into a single, complimentary global service offering. CBRE is the worldwide leader in the acquisition and disposition of income-producing properties for third-party owners, and our mortgage banking group is a leader in debt and equity placement for all property types.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Underwriting Functions 80%
- Post to Quickbooks (Underwriting/Trust accounts)
- Pull daily reports from JP Morgan Access System
- Research monies in QB by loan
- Wire funds from JPMorgan Access System
- Verify availability of funds in Underwriting/Trust account for loan closings
- Responsible for obtaining W-9’s for outside brokers
- Review of trust funds by credit for accuracy and dispensation
- File and make copies of documents for internal records
- Review of Deal records for accuracy and completeness according to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) guidelines
- Cut checks from QuickBooks on a weekly basis for third party vendor payments
- Reconcile bank account daily in QuickBooks and get financial manager’s approval
- Wire warehouse interest and CAG fees from Underwriting to various bank accounts
Warehouse Line Interest Posting 5%
- Update store line schedules for loan activity
- Balance store line daily to end-of-day balances received from the bank
- Prepare for manager approval, journal entries to record cash transfers to storage line(s)
Revenue Accounting 13%
- Cross-train on tax accounting function to be able to serve as backup for Revenue Accountant
- Basic knowledge of accounting functions
- Four-year degree and/or 5+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Excel, QuickBooks, and PeopleSoft (preferred)
- Other Skills and Abilities Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology helpful.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to assess accounts records for accuracy
- Organizational skills a must due to the volume of the workflow.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.