Accountant Job Description
Why John Deere?
The John Deere Agricultural and Turf division touches every corner of the globe. If it’s green and growing, chances are John Deere has a hand in it. Our products provide complete solutions, whether it’s to nurture seeds into a bountiful crop, beautify our parks, carpet our golf courses or taking care of the lawns and gardens that surround our homes. Join John Deere–a proven business leader–and watch your potential grow.
At John Deere Ag and Turf, our Accountant will prepare and analyze product improvement program reports and ensure the accuracy of the accounting entries. You will review month-end billing to ensure adherence to the revenue recognition guidelines. Also, you will:
- Prepare the annual internal control certification and coordinate the unit activities for external and internal audits.
- Conduct testing and interviews to document the internal controls related to various accounting business cycles of Waterloo Works.
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze financial information and reports.
- Complete special projects as requested.
- Prepare, document, and maintain accounting transactions such as journal vouchers, intercompany debits/credits, clearing entries, accruals, and adjustments.
What It Takes?
We need an excellent communicator, who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment. Ideally, you will have a Bachelor’s degree in an(n) accounting/finance discipline or a minimum of 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience. Besides we require:
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and achieve set deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft: Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of integrated systems of internal control and the relationship to disclosure and financial reporting.
- Solid facilitation skills and ability to influence without authority.
A strong candidate will also have:
- Internal control (SOX) experience.
- High proficiency in advanced Microsoft: Excel features.
- Factory experience.
What You’ll Get?
We remain on the leading edge by providing competitive benefits & rewards that respond to the diverse lifestyles of our people and an ever-changing world. View our Total Rewards Package details to learn more. We offer a comprehensive relocation package to help you get started on your new career path.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives, and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business.
Job: Accounting / Finance
Primary Location: Iowa-Waterloo
Organization: Agriculture Equipment
Schedule: Full-time, Shift, Day Job
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Accountant Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.