Accountant POSITION SUMMARY:
Responsible for all project accounting operations in agreement with current policies, regulations, and directives as mandated by Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), Joint Travel Regulations (JTR), and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Responsible for the processing of monthly closing journal entries for financial reports to Corporate office. The Performs various account analyses for closing packages as well as analysis of accounts payable payments and payroll by vendor or employee. Responsible for financial reports to the Government, invoices to the government, and various miscellaneous reports and analysis.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
Creates necessary monthly journal entries. Responsible for various assigned financial actions.
- Responsible for completion of monthly cost report to include analysis of accounts for a closing package, actual-vs-budget analysis, cost-to-complete analysis and various CDRL requirements.
- Responsible for completion of forecasts, budgets, and annual operating plan.
Ensures corporate metrics are completed timely and coordinated with the Finance Manager.
- Ensure additional corporate requirements are completed timely.
- Coordinates with Contracts regarding contract modifications. Provides information for 75% compliance letters.
- Creates and Reviews invoices for proper invoicing including allocation of job cost codes as well as general ledger accounts
- Coordinates with Finance Manager to support strong cash flow procedures. Ensures invoices are submitted to the Customer timely.
- Coordinates with the various Customers and DFAS were ensuring prompt payments.
- Maintains and updates SOX flowcharts, templates and Segregations of duties as well as internal operating procedures for the Finance Department.
- Completes all duties following current policies, regulations, and directives as mandated by Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), US Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR), and Joint Travel Regulations (JTR). Ensures compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Monitoring payroll fringe indirect rates/pool/base
- Assists in cost proposal development.
- Performs additional duties as required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Operates in a general office environment.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal Computer, AS400, Excel, Windows Software
Education: BS in Business or Accounting and Finance.
Experience: At least three years of progressive accounting experience in the areas as outlined in the Position Description. Must have prior experience working on Government contracts.
Must have three years background in computer operations, specifically AS400, Jamis, Showcase, and Business Objects as well as have a strong background in Microsoft Office applications.
Knowledge and experience working with US Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and Federal Travel Regulations.
To apply for Accountant Job: http://tinyurl.com/4dyo33w