Visiting Nurse Job Description:
The Charge Nurse demonstrates clinical expertise in nursing assessment, nursing diagnosis, and advanced proficiency in technical skills necessary for developing, providing, and delegating care for the residents assigned to the care team. Provides care to residents needing clinically advanced nursing care. Makes assignments in collaboration with the Residential Care Manager to the Residential Care Providers (LPN), and Certified Nursing Assistants. Assists in the evaluation and supervision of the facility’s LPN’s and Certified Nursing Assistants. The Takes leadership role in educating other nursing staff in specific technical and assessment skills applicable to that team level.
**Must be available to work 7 pm – 7 am**
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate Degree or Baccalaureate School of Nursing. Preference is given to individuals with Baccalaureate Degree or higher.
LICENSURE: Must have current licensure by the Georgia State Board of Nursing.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 3+ years of experience in a clinical setting per discipline. (Hospice not required); At least 3 years individual and group counseling experience as MSW or CHAP
JOB KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS:
- Demonstrate knowledge and competence in advanced practice nursing skills, including the nursing process and collaborating with an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate knowledge of proficiency in the quality of clinical records & customer satisfaction surveys.
- Must be able to function independently and more efficiently.
- Requires proven interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates self-initiative, proven decision-making skills and time management skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other funding source regulations as applied to hospice services preferred.
- Current CPR certification required. Commitment to creativity and flexibility in the team.
- Ability to maintain communication with the Company’s telecommunication systems.
- Ability to pass a written medication test.
Visiting Nurse Health System, Georgia’s largest nonprofit home care provider has a rich 60-year tradition of serving its mission of delivering compassionate, innovative and cost-effective care management, home health and end of life care in the Atlanta community. Its vision is to set the standard for quality in Georgia and be the first place patients, families, payers and other healthcare providers select when in need of home care or hospice services.
Visiting Nurse Health System provides professional clinical and care management services to over 5,000 patients in metropolitan Atlanta every day.
Visiting Nurse Health System is an EOE.
To apply for Nurse Job: http://tinyurl.com/6ktlshn