Visiting Nurse Association of Cleveland for HOSPICE REGISTERED NURSES in Cleveland, OH
VISITING NURSE ASSOCIATION OF OHIO HOSPICE REGISTERED NURSES
At the Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio, our dedicated staff of over 700 professionals has been providing high quality, compassionate home health, and hospice care for over 100 years. Today, the VNA serves individuals and families in 19 counties throughout Northeast and Central Ohio. We are dedicated to recruiting and retaining staff that shares our commitment to delivering the highest quality, one-on-one care and has the skills and compassion to make a difference in the lives of our patients and clients.
Our HOSPICE REGISTERED NURSES Services Program is a leader in quality end of life care. We have immediate opportunities for individuals who are committed to the hospice philosophy.
FULL-TIME EAST & WEST TEAMS
Sunday – Thursday 8am-4:30 pm (Alternative Shift)
HOSPICE REGISTERED NURSES with current Ohio license; 1-year med/surge or oncology experience with current IV skills (hospice and community health background preferred); and a commitment to the hospice philosophy of care. Current Hospice certification is a plus! Hospice requires initial certification by National Board Certification for Hospice and Palliative Nurses (NBCHPN) within one year of employment and maintenance of certification after that.
- Experience working as part of a team and working effectively with persons and communities from diverse cultural, social, and ethnic backgrounds. The ability to work in a complex institutional structure requiring meaningful collaboration.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, within strict time parameters, and with a high attention to detail.
- Valid Drivers License and current CPR certification.
- Utilizes principles of the nursing process to assist in data collection, planning, and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrates nursing knowledge and skills in the implementation of prevention, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care.
- Utilizes effective interviewing techniques; sets limits, and collects data based on specific role.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with health care providers, third parties, patients and families based on specific function.
- Explains processes, procedures, and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and ease apprehension.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the patient.
- Observes patient records significant conditions and reactions and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
The VNA offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Bring your enthusiasm and expertise to the VNA today!
A HOME FOR YOUR CAREER!
403B, Dental, Disability, Flexible Spending, Holidays, Life, Medical, Prescription, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation, Vision
<<< To Apply HOSPICE REGISTERED NURSES >>>
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.