Midwife Nurse JOB OVERVIEW
ROLE: Responsible for the independent management of the care of healthy women and their infants before, during and after childbirth, as well as the collaborative administration of the medically and socially at-risk woman. Utilizes advanced knowledge and skill in midwifery to manage pregnancy, labor, and birth, postpartum and well woman/GYN care. Works directly with the Medical Director and consulting physicians, as well as the social worker, nutritionist, nursing staff, and other personnel to provide and evaluate nurse-midwifery services.
AREA OF ASSIGNMENT: Patient Care Services
RESPONSIBLE TO Manager and VP of Women’s and Children’s Health
- A graduate of a school of midwifery, accredited by the American College of Nurse-Wives (ACNM).
- Adheres to the criteria for continuing competency as specified by the ACNM.
- Licensed in the State of Washington as a registered nurse (RN) and Advanced registered nurse practitioner (ARNP).
- To Obtains prescriptive authority from the Washington State Board of Nursing within a reasonable time after employment.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Experience in full scope nurse-midwifery practice preferred. Experience in clinical precepting is desirable.
- Ability to be sensitive to the needs and problems of the low-income and a diverse population. Must be able to relate effectively to persons of varied ethnic, racial, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- The nurse must respond to Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and a positive approach to personal and professional growth.
- Shows ability to maintain effective interpersonal relations with a wide variety of staff, clients, and community agencies- sometimes under stressful conditions.
- Promotes and Supports hospital mission, values and norms.
- Must be able to work flexible, irregular hours, work under stress, and be in good physical, mental condition without physical limitations.
- The Adheres to protocols and practices approved by the OB/GYN department.
- Maintains the ability to be credentialed through medical staff and third party payor.
- Performs in services as requested.
- The Attends bi-monthly OB/GYN meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
- Adheres to the standards of nurse-midwifery practice and practice is consistent with these standards and the Valley Medical Center policy and procedures and hospital by-laws.
To apply for Midwife Nurse Job in Renton, WA: http://tinyurl.com/4jbazfj