Discover more about Toledo School of Practical Nursing in Toledo – including student & alumni reviews, school stats, average tuition, student-faculty ratio, program areas, and more. Research…
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 4-week contract
Provide direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical, and general aspects of care; meet the communication needs of patient and family; provide care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintain regulatory agency requirements, nursing and facility policies, procedures, and standards. Communicate with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Must be able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment and able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Salary: Up to $40 an hour
- LVN (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Preferred)
- Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Demonstrate knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age of the patient and the patient’s clinical condition.
- Perform patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the patient’s age.
- Demonstrate ability, under the direct supervision of an RN, to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy including, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Demonstrate ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Formulate a teaching plan based on identified patient learning needs and evaluates the effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Assess and reassesses pain management techniques utilized. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Demonstrate ability to perform treatments and provide services to the level of licensure.
- Communicate appropriately and clearly to team leaders, co-workers, and physicians.
- Consult other departments, as appropriate, to provide an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Provide care appropriate to the condition and age of the patient, including geriatric and general population.
- Demonstrate an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills under the direction of an RN
- Perform other duties as assigned Professional Requirements
- Adhere to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty. Maintain regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with all organizational policies and standards regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicate the mission, ethics, and goals of the organization.
- Participate in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings and in-services
- Current LPN licensure in the state of Ohio
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or ability to obtain within thirty (30) days from
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to determine an appropriate course of action in more complex situations
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and prioritize scheduling of work
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, chemicals, radiation, and repetitive motions
- Pushing and pulling heavy objects
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients
- Position requires light to moderate physical lifting/pulling or pushing work
- Position requires reaching, bending, stooping, and handling objects with hands and/or fingers, talking and/or hearing, and seeing.
<<< To apply Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 4-week contract >>>
For more Toledo School Of Practical Nursing Jobs, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.