We are currently seeking a Per Diem NURSE PRACTITIONER for our onsite health clinic in Plano, TX. As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems includes Take Care Consumer Solutions, managers of convenient care clinics located at select Walgreens drugstores nationwide, and Take Care Employer Solutions (www.takecareemployersolutions.com), managers of worksite-based health and wellness services.
The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our trusted community of providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable, and convenient healthcare to all individuals. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies, and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies.
Responsibilities of Nurse Practitioner:
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
- Orders interpret and evaluate diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
- Other duties as assigned
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know the employees of our client, while helping to improve their health and wellness status.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a great environment – bring your energy, enthusiasm, and expertise to Taking Care Health Systems.
We offer competitive wages.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people! M/F/D/V
- Master’s degree (MSN) required
- At least one year of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in occupational health, or emergency department setting
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice with Texas Prescriptive Authority
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and workflow management skills
- Awareness and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Flexibility in scheduling- The successful candidate will collaborate with HCM and other tenured NPs in the design of the work schedule in meeting health center operational needs.
To apply for Nurse Practitioner Job: http://tinyurl.com/6f9fcng