Principal Software Engineer
Working as a principal software engineer involves being able to effectively: Design, code, fix and debug software. Maintain, upgrade and improve the performance of existing software.
Principal Software Engineer Responsibilities:
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, …
Principal software engineers oversee the technical aspects of projects, providing software standards and guidance for engineering teams to follow. This role ensures the quality of each… We break down the percentage of Principal Software Engineers that have these skills listed on their resume here: Software Development, 11% …
What does a Principal Software Engineer do? On the most basic level, software engineers write, debug, maintain, and test software that instructs a computer to accomplish certain tasks, such…
What is it like to be a principal software engineer?
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
What does a principal software engineer do?
Working as a principal software engineer involves being able to effectively:
- Design, code, fix and debug software.
- Maintain, upgrade and improve the performance of existing software.
- Train and supervise software engineers.
- Oversee and manage the technical aspects of software engineering projects.
- Create solutions to technical issues by discussing projects in team meetings.
Principal software engineer gets the most competitive salary in the IT industry. According to Payscale.com, you can expect a salary of $111,600 per year. The estimated total pay for a Principal Software Engineer is $169,097 per year in the United States area, with an average salary of $146,266 per year.
Principal software engineers are in charge of most of the technical aspects of an organization’s projects.
Liberty Mutual Insurance – Principal Software Developer
Secure Devops Platforms is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering Enablement team with a Salary of $111,100 – $184,101 a year. This role provides an exciting opportunity to work on a high-performing Agile squad, which partners closely with our engineering enablement platform partners and users to leverage cutting-edge technologies that enable our Software Engineers to provide a best-in-class application creation and management experience to delight our software engineering community. The team is looking for a collaborative, self-motivated full-stack Engineer with a strong passion for customer-centricity, learning, and innovative problem-solving.
- Eight or more years of software engineering experience
- Strong background in business operations and strategies, including global technology and financial services trends
- Hands-on involvement with layered systems architecture designs and shared software concepts
- Familiarity with functional and system integration testing
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, and consensus-building capabilities
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages and tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Aptitude for working in teams
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies, architectural concepts, and principles
- A deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Awareness of policies regarding security and privacy
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That’s why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust, and respect. Here, you’ll discover our expansive range of roles and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
<<< To apply to Liberty Mutual Insurance – Principal Software Developer >>>
To more Principal Software Engineer, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.