A software engineer applies mathematical analysis and the principles of computer science in order to design and develop computer software. Software engineers are highly sought after, and developers that live in high-demand areas often receive many inquiries a month from recruiters and head hunters. What is a Software Engineer?
Software engineers develop, design, and test software systems and applications to meet specific needs. They rely on diverse skills in programming, technical design, and analysis. During the development process, software engineers interact with clients, software users, programmers, analysts, and other engineers. Daily tasks can vary widely depending…
What are the challenges in being a computer software engineer?
5 major engineering challenges of the next decade
- Upgrading the sagging U.S. infrastructure.
- Educating first-world engineers to understand how to solve third-world problems.
- Promoting green engineering to improve sustainability and reduce the carbon footprint in manufacturing.
- Identifying viable alternative energy sources.
- Rethinking how the city looks and works.
How to become a computer software engineer?
Top Soft Skills Every Software Engineer Should Have
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to be a team player
- Ability to meet deadlines
What are your working hours as a computer software engineer?
- Working extended hours even to 16
- Billing two different customers for the same 9 hours
- weekend hours you work are generally not counted
- Spending more hours in meetings than actual work some days.
Tesla Software Engineer
Full Job Description
Tesla aims to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy by ensuring we provide a seamless and frictionless experience to our customers. To meet this goal, Tesla is constantly striving to innovate and provide best-in-class services through the introduction of pioneering new products and services. To that end, Tesla is seeking hardworking and passionate software engineers at various levels. These engineers will be part of a startup team that is focused on delivering a highly scalable platform that enables the growth of current and future products and services to our customers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent in experience
- 3+ years of experience in building software products for external customer use in Java, C, C++, C#, or some other object-oriented language with evidence of exceptional ability
- Experience with writing SQL-based applications such as MySQL or MS SQL or Oracle
- Experience working with Linux or similar O/Ss
- Experience building scalable applications (Web applications or back-end services)
- Detail-oriented, can identify and fix your own bugs, and write quality code that runs efficiently
- A passionate, positive, can-do attitude and can adapt to any challenge and willing to take ownership of problems and brings issues to full resolution
- Enjoy working in a team that follows agile practices and code reviews and CI/CD
- Design and develop high-quality, scalable and stable web applications and/or back-end services
- Develop client-side applications that connect with web services
- Develop back-end web services
- Follow Tesla’s high standards for security best practices in all development
- Partner closely with the security team for code analysis and design reviews
- Perform unit testing
- Process bug reports and release fixes
- Participate in code reviews
- Participate in agile processes
- Always think innovatively to solve customer problems
<<< To apply to Tesla Software Engineer >>>
To more Computer Software Engineers, Find your dream job! Search for jobs, post your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.