The Executive Assistant serves as the primary administrative support in the department, serving as the chief assistant to the Department Head, supervising other departmental staff, and managing support functions in the Department of History.
Responsibilities of this position include: gathering, reviewing and communicating information for spending plan updates and budget monitoring; coordinating and managing the human resources needs of the department; and managing department purchasing, travel and other financial needs of the department. The Executive Assistant is the liaison between the department and the college’s financial and HR offices. They must provide the Department Head with accurate and timely information, resolve issues regarding office operations within the scope of their responsibility, and communicate with faculty, staff, and students.
Primary Function of Organizational Unit
The History Department is a diverse group of scholars covering many areas of specialization. All our tenure-track faculty are active researchers who publish books and articles, and many have been awarded numerous prizes and fellowships. We also pride ourselves on outstanding teaching. We offer small classes that allow a great deal of individual attention. In addition, our faculty advisers offer close contact and personal attention to each student. The History major is a place to get a “small college” education in a big state university.
The department of twenty- seven tenure-track professors has about two hundred fifty majors in three undergraduate programs—the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Arts with a Teacher Education Concentration, and the Bachelor of Sciences. All programs offer a great deal of students choice in courses and electives, allowing the pursuit of either a broad educational experience or a focused study. Our 80 student graduate program offers three distinct degrees: the Ph.D., in Public History, the M.A. in History and the M.A. in Public History. All graduate degree programs require a strong foundation in traditional history.
- High School diploma or equivalency and three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or graduation with an associate’s degree in Secretarial Science, Business Administration, or a related discipline and one year of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Departmental Required Skills
- Professional administrative support experience.
- Experience managing a budget and interpreting/creating finance and HR reports.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite experience. Demonstrated advanced knowledge in Excel is a strong preference.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Experience supporting a university department (specifically History or a related discipline).
- Familiarity with processing travel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, and other NCSU applications.
Job Title Executive Assistant
Band Level Contributing
Working Title Executive Assistant
Salary Range $29,826 – $66,040
Anticipated Hiring Range $35,000 – $42,000
Salary Grade Equivalency 62
Job City & State Raleigh, NC
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Teacher jobs, pleas CLICK HIRE