Juniper Networks: Software Engineer Staff – Sunnyvale, CA
Juniper Networks looking for a Software Engineer Staff candidate with strong systems engineering background along with good understanding of networking technologies. This position in Contrail Solution Engineering group will expose the candidate to the dynamics of interactions of cloud software stacks with networking components that will continually grow the candidate with the evolution of the field.
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Our products and technology run the world’s largest and most demanding networks today, enabling service providers, enterprises, and governments to create value and accelerate business success. Every day our 9,000+ colleagues come together from 46 countries to realize our company vision – Connect Everything, Empower everyone. We are innovating in ways that empower our customers, our partners and ultimately, everyone, in a connected world. These customers include the top 130 global service providers, 96 of the Fortune 100 and hundreds of public sector organizations.
- Job Title: Software Engineer Staff
- Location: USA – California – Sunnyvale
- Category: Software Engineering
- The candidate is expected to interact with field engineers, account teams and customers to develop solutions and validate them in the lab as needed. Hands-on candidate with prior knowledge of systems integration is a huge plus.
- Given the nature of the evolving field the candidate is expected to be a self-driven, detailed oriented professional, who is eager to learn new technology areas and drive innovation/evolution based on solid technical understanding.
- Requires +/-7years of relevant industry experience in systems engineering and networking technologies
- Hands on experience in OpenStack or equivalent cloud orchestration is highly desired
- System and network programming, scripting in Python
- Knowledge of Linux containers, dockers etc.
- Experience in Server Management software Puppet, Cobbler, Chef is desirable
- Understanding of networking technologies used in datacenters
- Comfortable presenting Technical Product overviews to potential customers/partners
- Conducting technical workshops and training sessions for an external audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listener with the ability to understand the perspective of the customer from the diverse background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Self Learner
- Exposure to the production cloud or infrastructure operations
- Understanding of network technologies used in backbone networks e.g. L3VPN etc.
- Understanding of storage technologies
WHERE WILL YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK?
Wherever you are in the world, whether it’s downtown Sunnyvale or London, Westford or Bangalore, Juniper is a place that was founded on disruptive thinking – where colleague innovation is not only valued, but expected. We believe that the great task of delivering a new network for the next decade is delivered through the creativity and commitment of our people. The Juniper Way is the commitment to all our colleagues that the culture and company inspire their best work their life’s work. At Juniper we believe this is more than a job – it’s an opportunity to help change the world…
To apply >>> Software Engineer Staff
more software engineer jobs please click hire