Gentiva Health Services for Hospice Registered Nurse in Lawrenceville, GA
Hospice Registered Nurse Job Description
VistaCare Hospice is a leading provider of hospice care services. Through interdisciplinary teams of physicians, nurses, home healthcare aides, social workers, spiritual and other counselors and volunteers, VistaCare provides hospice care primarily designed to reduce pain and enhance the quality of life of patients facing the life-limiting illness. This hospice care is most commonly provided in the patient’s home or another residence of choice, including hospitals, assisted living communities, and nursing homes. Besides a supportive environment where great works are acknowledged and celebrated, VistaCare employees enjoy competitive salaries, flexible schedules for many positions, and a range of excellent Full-Time benefits, including:
- PPO or HMO medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance with AD & D coverage
- Flexible spending accounts to set aside pre-tax dollars for childcare and medical care
- Optional life insurance
- Optional long-term disability coverage
- Short-term disability plan
- 401(k) with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus
- Generous PTO program with select holidays
- Employee recognition programs and an enjoyable work environment
A Registered Nurse, with advanced skills, employed by the Hospice for the purpose of enhancing the quality of care for a select group of terminally ill patients. Work in collaboration with the Patient Care Manager and the Interdisciplinary Team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical and nursing care. Act as a role model providing leadership and support to the hospice staff. Adhere to Company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance requirements and directives. Manage related expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner by the Company’s budgets. Travel as necessary.
Company’s Ideal Candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state program is located
- Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred
- Minimum of one-year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical or critical care experience.
- Experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured by state and/or company’s requirements.
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- A physical exam by state law requirements.
- Good physical stamina and mental health. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health certification including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by company’s policy and/ or state law.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation on time.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nurse Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.
keywords: RN, Registered Nurse, Nurse, nursing, hospice, homecare, home care, healthcare, healthcare, home health, med surge, Oasis, ER, Emergency Room, ICU, intensive care unit, RN case manager, Medicare, visit nurse, hospice nurse, hospice case manager, admission nurse, skilled visit, case management, r.n., rn, acute care, staff registered nurse OR nurse, oncology RN, oncology nurse, oncology registered nurse, hospice RN, hospice registered nurse, hospice nurse