FirstLine Schools is currently seeking talented, passionate, certified Enrichment teachers at our schools. We are looking Enrichment Teachers for music, theater, art and all subjects. At FirstLine Schools, we know that it is the effectiveness of our teachers that matters the most when it comes to impacting the success of our students. To ensure that we are an organization of excellent teachers, we expect our teachers to demonstrate an effectiveness through our Vision of Teaching Excellence. Teachers will be responsible for implementing the teaching curriculum, ensuring the success of our students, and working with a team of teachers within the school and network community.
About FirstLine Schools
In 1998, FirstLine Schools started the first charter school in New Orleans, which became the highest performing open admission middle school in the city. FirstLine now operates four K-8th-grade schools and a high school. Our mission is to create and inspire great open admissions public schools in New Orleans. We do this by:
- Ensuring college and career readiness for all students, as demonstrated by an achievement, aspiration, love of learning, and confidence
- Providing a rich variety of education experiences to nurture our students’ character, health and active citizenship
- Developing the skillfulness of our team members
- Building a sustainable organization that facilitates our long-term success
- Our faculty is a diverse and talented group dedicated to our students’ success and to their own growth as teachers. Our schools are led by leaders who hold themselves accountable for student achievement and teacher development.
Key responsibilities for Enrichment Teachers include the following:
- Encourage participation in projects and lessons through different and engaging projects and activities.
- Interweave the Common Core standards through a blended curriculum
- Work collaboratively with school-based Special Education Coordinator to successfully implement students’ IEPs
- Instruct students in the principles of their subject area
- Encourage student creativity
- Assess needs of students and evaluate student achievement
- Participate in faculty committees and professional development as required
- Actively participate in the continuing development of school-wide curriculum, school structures, and school culture as we expand to full capacity.
- Be committed to working with a diverse student population. Create and utilize alternative assessment tools.
FirstLine’s Vision Of Teaching Excellence:
We develop teachers at FirstLine by focusing on excellence in teaching. To do so, we coach teachers and center professional development on our Vision of Excellence in Teaching rubric whose components include:
- On Task (Maintaining high expectations and maximizing instructional time)
- Essential Content (Planning effectively)
- Cognitive Engagement (Maintaining High Academic Expectations and Building Thinking Skills)
- Demonstration of Learning (Leading Instruction, Checking for Understanding, Responding to
- Student Misunderstanding)
- Community of Learners (Establishing Expectations and Responding to Student Behaviors)
- As such key responsibilities for teachers include the following:
Leading instruction to the entire classroom
- Work with small groups of students (pull out) during designated times to reinforce concepts that have been taught or that students are deficient in
- Provide feedback to scholars by asking pertinently, scaffolded follow-up questions that affirm correctly understood content, clarify misunderstood content or extend scholars’ thinking
- Establish effective routines and manage students effectively without disruptions (redirect inappropriate behavior)
- Inspire and invest students in achieving their goals and in believing that goals are achieved through effort and not innate abilities.
- Prepare scholars to solve complex problems with no obvious answer
- Seek out and constructively respond to feedback from and engage in problem-solving with others
Education & Experience:
- 2 or more years of experience as a teacher in a school-based setting
- Demonstrated success working with students in an urban, open admissions school
- A BA or BS in relevant subject area
- A strong background in and command of subject area
- Louisiana State Certification in subject area or eligibility to apply (preferred)
Desired Qualities & Characteristics:
- Believe in every student’s ability to achieve in a rigorous college or career prep curriculum
- Achieve results based on agreed-upon expectations
- Take personal responsibility
- Highly detail-oriented
- Collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Share a commitment to creating great schools in New Orleans
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Model the FirstLine values of Service, Learning, Collaboration, and Results
Physical Enrichment Teachers Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
To apply Enrichment Teachers >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=0292e9f57c880c33
To more Teacher Jobs please click hire