Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc. seeking Bookkeeper or Accounting Clerk in Hopkinton, MA. Currently, Boating In Boston operates ten boathouses in the greater Boston area, and three locations in Washington, DC under Boating In DC. It has been an incredible experience thus far, and it’s a great feeling for all of us to watch our team grow and be passionate about what we do.
Bookkeeper Job Description: Boston Outdoor Recreation is a young fast growing recreational company that needs someone who loves working with small businesses, great with technology and can work with little supervision. The hours will start at 20 hours a week. A possibility of full time. This person would be responsible for financial accounts, bookkeeping, tracking revenue/expenses and assisting with business filings. Other duties may be included such as helping to answer the phones, customer service and keeping the president in line.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintains and balances general ledger.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Assist with budget preparations
- Responsible for tracking of assets
- Prepare financial reports every two weeks
- Supporting Senior Managers in payroll and onboarding
- Assisting in answering phones and some customer service work with customers
- Collecting mail
- Organizing documents online
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Originally named Outdoor Recreation of Hopkinton, a charismatic man named Barry began the boating vision by opening a kayak rental concession in Hopkinton State Park. Soon, word started getting around, and the business grew and grew and grew, introducing sailing and summer camps and boating season passes, bringing forth a community of water lovers.
In 2009, Barry sold his business to a group of friends, all who met in the boating community and share a tremendous passion for the water. Together, they kept Barry’s vision alive and continued opening boathouses around their New England homes, changing the company name to Boating In Boston.
After four years of continued success, the group set sail in search of new waters. In 2013, friends in Washington, DC reached out, and we jumped at the opportunity, opening Key Bridge Boathouse, keeping the spirit of John ‘Jack’ Baxter alive by continuing his vision of public boat access on the Potomac River.
Currently, Boating In Boston operates ten boathouses in the greater Boston area, and three locations in Washington, DC under Boating In DC. It has been an incredible experience thus far, and it’s a great feeling for all of us to watch our team grow and be passionate about what we do.
We have day camps and lessons, rentals and memberships and help over 20,000 people, regardless of their age or fitness, enjoy the Boston and DC waters every season.
- >1 or more year(s) experience with finance/accounting
- Expert knowledge of accounting software such as Quickbooks or Xero
- Expert knowledge of Excel
- Comfortable using software such as Expensify
- Must be technically proficient and willing to learn new software
- Work is remote with at least one day working from the Presidents home office once a week.
- Hours are flexible and can be outside regular working hours
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Bookkeeper Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.