Boeing: Real Time Software Engineer Level 3 – North Charleston, SC
Job Description: Come join an exciting and growing team in Boeing’s central research and development organization, Boeing Research & Technology. The BR&T Production Analytics team is posting for multiple Software Engineering positions in a new division of our team being located with our BR&T South Carolina technology center.
The Production Analytics team is focused on:
- developing and transitioning advanced analytics technology to support production engineering
- performing process simulation and 3D visualization to assist in new production systems integration and impact analysis
- developing statistical and machine learning analytics in support of factory operations
Technologies include predictive analytics to be used in the build process as well as planning and trade study tools to be used in new technology insertion decisions. Our strategy is focused on developing new manufacturing technologies to support Boeing’s growth initiatives and aggressive rate and capacity increases. As a software engineer, you will be required to complete requirements definition through independent research, and then design and build a prototype software solution under general direction. The job is to support software research and development projects and will include assisting with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems; developing and maintaining code; integrating software components into a fully functional software system; assisting with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met; troubleshooting basic software issues; gathering information to support software project management; and documenting deployed processes and tools and collecting performance metrics.
Multiple positions are being filled for this team. This position is for someone that can do embedded machine learning coding for real-time systems. Preferred candidates will have software development experience with a strong mathematical background.
Real-time application examples include
- computer vision processing for a decision support and control system that performs object detection and classification;
- application of machine learning to aircraft manufacture and operations;
- developing microcontroller and wireless interconnect software for metrology systems. Candidates desired to have experience with the following skills: Linear Algebra, Matlab (Computer Vision/Neural Network Toolbox), Microsoft Developer Studio, C# C++ C, SVN, PIC, Microcontroller software development. Wireless technologies a plus: 802.11, 802.15, Bluetooth Linux Windows.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor’s and 5 or more years’ experience, Master’s degree with 3 or more years’ experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Success candidate will have the following general and technical competencies: Adaptability, Communication, Innovation, Systems Thinking, Analytical Skills, Engineering Processes, Languages & Databases, Real-Time S/W Architecture, Real-time S/W Domain Knowledge, & Real-time Target Environment
To apply >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=e3306334516e8b51
To more software engineer jobs please CLICK HIRE