NURSE ANESTHETIST Job Description:
Under the direction of the Anesthesiologist, Sr. CRNA and Chair of the Department, functions as a Certified Nurse Anesthetist providing pre-anesthesia, anesthesia and post anesthesia services in a clinical, research and academic environment. Affects direct patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Hospital Standards of Care policies and procedures. Participates in research activities of the department. Actively participates in the educational imperative of the Department of Anesthesiology.
NURSE ANESTHETIST EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS in Nursing and graduation from an accredited school of Nurse Anesthesia
NURSE ANESTHETIST EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years of anesthesia experience preferred
NURSE ANESTHETIST CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Registered Nurse Licensure by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Recognition as an Advanced Practice Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Certification as a Nurse Anesthetist by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists and maintenance of that certification as required by the Council on Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
NURSE ANESTHETIST SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Effective interpersonal skills were necessary to foster productive working relationships.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and related skills of current anesthesia practices with emphasis on administration of anesthesia for the patient undergoing cardiac, vascular and thoracic surgery.
- In depth knowledge of pharmacology with emphasis on anesthetic, cardiac and vasoactive drugs.
- Thorough knowledge of anesthetic equipment.
- Expertise in the placement of invasive monitoring devices including arterial, central venous and pulmonary artery catheters.
- Ability to move, manipulate, and safely operate anesthesia equipment during the administration of all types of anesthesia to all sizes of patients.
- Ability to adapt to work environment changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, including HIPPA regulations compliance.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to meet varying demands.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nurse Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.