IAP Worldwide Services, Inc: Cost Accounting Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
The Cost Accounting Analyst collaborates with internal (Project Accountants, Program Manager, and Finance Manager) and external clients to analyze costs, review costs for allowability, prepare financial reports and as required, provide ad-hoc support and analyses.
IAP Worldwide Services is a great employer that offers a comfortable place to work, a great experience, and an interesting and dynamic environment. I highly recommend this employer.
As a leading international services company for more than 65 years, IAP provides a broad spectrum of services and solutions to the U.S. and international government agencies, and organizations. A world-class leader in providing seasoned program management, IAP leverages and integrates it is capabilities – IT & Communications, Aviation & Engineering Solutions, Power Solutions, Infrastructure & Logistics – to provide safe, innovative, and reliable solutions to meet customers’ diverse and complex challenges. With 2,500 team members, IAP operates in more than 110 locations in 27 countries worldwide and maintains offices in the Washington D.C. area, Florida, Maryland, Oklahoma, the United Kingdom, and the Middle East. Learn more at www.iapws.com.
Primary Duties of Accounting Jobs OKC
- Establish a business relationship with internal and external customers. Provide guidance and support to facilitate accurate and timely financial analysis.
- Compare actual project expenses against contract terms and conditions and the Federal Acquisition Regulations for accuracy (POP, funding, billing rates, labor categories, unallowable expenses). Identify errors and issues (incorrect project setups, misclassified expenses).
- Support the completion of the Annual Incurred Cost Submission
- Support the preparation and submission of provisional billing rates
- Support Internal Compliance Reviews
- Provide analysis to support DCAA audits
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Continually assess ongoing processes to identify areas for potential improvement. As required, participate in initiatives to improve processes (i.e. participate in working groups).
Experience & Education
- BS in Accounting or Business with an Accounting focus is required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include the creation of correspondence, briefs, presentations, and ad hoc reports as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with others and work independently.
Advanced Excel proficiency.
- Minimum of 2 years of general business accounting experience, which may include an accounting internship.
- Experience in government contracting and familiarity with FAR and CAS is a plus.
Safety was the number one concern in a hostile environment (war). A typical day was executing your function in a professional way and as prescribed by the SOW and SOP; Statement of Work and Standard Operating Procedures. Management was concerned about getting the job done right and safely. A very diverse work environment from different ages to different background differences and branches of services, but still managed to be successful. Being a retired Army veteran, I learned a lot about how the Air Force conducts business and operations. The hardest part was the rocket attacks stress on life there. I enjoyed the Teamwork and closeness there.
How much does IAP Worldwide Services in the United States pay?
The average IAP WorldWide Services salary ranges from approximately $41,592 per year for Accounts Payable Clerk to $110,943 per year for Travel Coordinator. Average IAP WorldWide Services hourly pay ranges from approximately $14.12 per hour for Laborer to $27.53 per hour for Administrative Assistant.
Salary information comes from 227 data points collected directly from employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 24 months.
Please note that all salary figures are approximations based upon third party submissions to Indeed. These figures are given to the Indeed users for the purpose of generalized comparison only. Minimum wage may differ by jurisdiction and you should consult the employer for actual salary figures.
<<< To Apply Accounting Jobs OKC as Cost Accounting Analyst >>>
To more Accounting Jobs Okc, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries, and find career advice and research.