Western Digital: Senior Staff Engineer Platform – Mountain View, CA
When it comes to data storage, Western Digital has driven. The company is one of the largest independent makers of hard-disk drives, which record, store, and recall volumes of data. We seeking Senior Staff Engineer Platform. You will have an opportunity to be a key contributor in building out this vision. You will be challenged, but you will LOVE what you are doing. You will bring your experience and your talent and implement services that will be used by everyone.
The company sells to manufacturers and through retailers and distributors. More than 60% of its sales are to OEMs such as Hewlett-Packard, which is Western Digital’s largest customer. The company gets more than half of its sales from the Asia/Pacific region.
We are about creating a personal cloud experience that ties all of your content together – pictures, music, video, and all other content and making it available on any screen, any place, and anytime.
Our team is responsible for innovating and implementing the next generation high performance and high reliable WD MyCloud platform OS to support all the WD MyCloud devices.
Qualifications of Senior Staff Engineer Platform Job
- BS in Computer Science or related degree and 8+ years related industry experience or MS and 6+ years industry experience
- Strong analysis and system level debugging skills working with hardware, driver and host software engineers.
- Experience to build the end-to-end performance evaluation tool.
- Experience in packaging and maintaining a customized Linux distribution.
- 5+ years of Linux Kernel development experience.
- Strong knowledge of kernel profiling tools and kernel debugging skills.
- Solid knowledge of Linux Kernel Internals such as memory management, concurrency/synchronizations.
- Strong understanding in embedded SOC devices and hardware platforms.
- Cloud and multimedia experience is a big plus.
- C/C++/Java/Python programming experience, including strong tools knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customize and fine-tune a Linux distribution and kernel to the needs of the product with the best performance.
- Participate in architecture, design and implementation tradeoffs hardware and software teams at the architecture, hardware, software, firmware and driver levels.
- Need to build the end-to-end performance evaluation tools to understand the system performance bottleneck.
- Be an out-of-the-box thinker. Research new technology areas and be able to provide creative solutions to new challenges. Help to solve existing problems with new solutions.
- Be great at driving the development of multiple applications and balancing your skills and availability to execute to plan. Understand priority.
- Work effectively with development and QA teams to communicate and set expectations.
Job Title Senior Staff Platform Developer
Job Discipline Engineering
Primary Location US California – Mountain View