This is Accountant Job Description in Orlando, Florida
Monitor and supervise the physical inventory process for the university and the reconciliation of those records in PeopleSoft Asset Management system. This involves but is not limited to the following:
- Requires the management and investigation of discrepancies between the physical inventory of items scanned and the records posted in the fixed asset management system and request corrections as needed.
- Responsible for the management of inventory updates, deletions, and reinstatement of assets, lost/missing and transfer requests submitted by university departments.
- Responsible for reviewing the lost/stolen item reports and providing guidance to Property Custodians to assist with improvements on monitoring their fixed asset inventory.
- Investigate items that are scanned, but do not have a record in the fixed asset management system to determine necessary action.
Supervision and management of staff members for the following items but not limited to:
- Coordinate and schedule building and department assignments for staff. Manage the annual fixed asset inventory to ensure progression of completion occurs throughout the year.
- Arrange monthly meetings for Property and Inventory control department to provide notification of system updates an allow team members to discuss the progress of the annual inventory and advise management of any significant issues that may arise.
- Ensure the Finance and Accounting vehicles receive the scheduled check-ups, required maintenance, and all travel logs for each vehicle are updated regularly and scanned for future reference.
- Provide training for the campus community.
- Other duties as assigned to ensure accurate and timely reporting of fixed asset information.
- Limited vendor and Departmental Authorization management.
- Experience with the University’s financial systems (Oracle Financials) or other systems is preferred
- Hands-on experience working with university property
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to reconcile, analyze data, and determine corrective actions as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, sound judgement, and attention to details
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task and operate in a business work environment
If the selected applicant claims college credit on the application for this position, an official transcript from the accredited institution must be provided within 30 days of the hire date. This applies whether the applicant is a new hire or promoted from among current UCF employees.
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free campus and an E-Verify employer.
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. If minimum requirements of the position do not require post high school education, an applicant is not required to provide the information on the application.
More information for The Accountant Job in Orlando, Florida
- Division Admin & Finance
- College/Area Not Applicable
- Department Finance & Accounting
- Annual Accountant Salary $31,646.54
To apply Accountant Job please get on Indeed.com