Tax Accountant Job at Ormat Technologies, Inc. in Reno, NV
Tax Accountant POSITION SUMMARY
The incumbent will work closely with Tax Manager and Controller to complete Company tax objectives and compliance requirements.
Tax Accountant ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist Tax Manager with the preparation and filing of the federal and state income consolidated/combined tax returns including preparation of work papers and maintenance of tax return software.
- Assist Tax Manager with the quarterly and annual tax provisions including preparation of work papers and maintenance of tax provision software.
- Assist Tax Manager with Company tax projections.
- Assist Tax Manager with the preparation and filing of property tax returns.
- Assist Tax Manager with applying for federal and state tax grants, abatements and credits including all following filing requirements.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining tax calendar.
- Responsible for maintaining federal and state tax depreciation including work papers and tax reduction software.
- Perform tax research as needed.
- Assist Tax Manager with special projects.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- A minimum of two (2) years experience working in tax environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and use of the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to work with a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for extended periods of time of time.
- The position requires sitting 90% of the time.