Software Engineer Job at BackType, Inc. in Mountain View, CA
At BackType, we are looking for world–class engineers to develop our social media intelligence technologies. Our entire team is made up of developers – we sling code and push products every single day. You will have complete ownership of the pieces of product and technology you develop.
We are looking for brilliant and relentless software engineers who love to code and aren’t intimidated by challenging problems. By leveraging technologies like EC2, Clojure, Thrift and Hadoop to the fullest extent we’re able to test new ideas and ship new products faster than teams ten times our size. Also, unlike most companies, we don’t just talk the talk when it comes to open-source. Not only is BackType built on open-source software, but we’re also very active contributors. If you’re interested in working in a fast–moving, rapidly growing business, then we’re the company for you.
Role & Responsibilities
- Immediately make significant contributions to our technology
- Come up with new ways to collect, warehouse, analyze, and serve insights from our massive data–sets
- Maintain ownership of large portions of product and infrastructure
- You’re a hacker that gets things done: a real doer, not just a thinker
- An engineering mindset; constantly trying to improve systems
- You’re someone who loves picking up new languages and technologies
- Make decisions independently and iterate rapidly
- Comfortable working in chaos and uncertainty
- Prepared to make this startup the primary focus of your life
- Working alongside world class engineers that are extremely passionate about their work
- Excellent compensation; equity, Software Engineer salary, and benefits
- Start-up atmosphere and environment in the leading location for technology innovation