Certified Nurse Midwife Job Summary
The nurse midwife is responsible for adhering to performance goals, patient safety targets, and other targets set by the organization. He/she is engaged in establishing successful employee and patient satisfaction levels. He/she recognizes the contributions of the e-team, maintains good rapport and working relationships, and strives to improve system processes through problem solving and involvement of other disciplines and services. The nurse midwife demonstrates support and compliance with the mission, vision, values, philosophy, goals, objectives and policies of Chase Brexton Health Services.
The Certified Nurse Midwife assumes 24-hour responsibility for the efficient implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the health center and midwifery services. He/she has authority to make decisions in the areas of patient care, human resource, and financial management which ensure high-quality care.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree and American Midwifery Certification
- Must have five years experience in midwifery
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compliance, Policy, and Procedure
- Demonstrates patient safety standards and midwife practice standards and best practices as applicable to the patient population in his/her department area.
- Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Performs assessments, evaluations, and takes appropriate actions to improve the quality of midwife care provided in his/her area related to outcomes for obstetric and gynecologic patients
- Performs duties in outpatient office setting: which include:
- Comprehensive gynecologic and well-woman care, including family planning
- Health maintenance education
- Health screenings, including testing and treatment of sexually transmitted infections
- Childbirth education
- Menopause management
- Childbirth Education
- Performs independent vaginal deliveries in the Labor and Delivery Suite, assists physician with surgical deliveries
- Uses resources in most cost effective manner without negatively impacting patient care.
- Willingness to Learn
- Maintains educational competencies identifies educational deficits and plans ways to meet those deficits
- Provides a supportive learning environment for students, fellows, and residents
- Other duties as assigned.
About Chase Brexton Health Services
For over 30 years, Chase Brexton Health Services has been providing services to a diverse population including the GLBT community, the Mt. Vernon community and anyone facing unequal access to quality health care in a compassionate and supportive environment.
Your generous contributions enable Chase Brexton to provide the health care services to all persons, regardless of their ability to pay. Because no program at Chase Brexton is 100% funded, we rely on contributions from the community to fill the gap between income and expenses.
Since 89% of every dollar given goes directly to support patient services, most of your contribution goes directly to providing for those in need. And while grant funding remains flat or decreases, the increasing cost of health care exceeds the standard 3% annual increase in revenue.
Job Title: Certified Nurse Midwife
Location: Baltimore, MD
Company: Chase Brexton Health Services
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.