In North America, SGS has over 6,000 employees in over 30 locations. We are a growing organization and we are looking for someone who wants to build a career. Our Automotive Services division is currently seeking a Software Engineer.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. Recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity, we employ over 59,000 people and operate a network of more than 1,000 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Full lifecycle application development
- Designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis
- Object-oriented Design and Analysis (OOA and OOD)
- Software modeling and simulation
- Front end graphical user interface design
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Participate in team and client meetings effectively.
- Participate in regular status meetings with project team.
- Effectively communicate relevant project information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member’s contributions.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
- Experience with C#, C++, NET, HTML, SOAP, XML, ASP, SQL Server
- Must have BS in Computer Science or related field coupled with a minimum of 5 years experience in IT as a Software Developer (of which at least 3 years experience is in Microsoft .NET)
- Must be willing and able to travel to other SGS locations and customer sites.
- Must have a good understanding of IT development and Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC). This includes planning, implementation, testing, documentation, release and maintenance, development models, and process improvement).
- Prior experience working as part of a development team on a large project is a plus.
- Must have experience in gathering customer requirements and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- SGS offers a full benefits package.
- Must successfully pass a drug test and background check.
- SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.