Software Engineer – ANDROID at Smith Micro Software, Inc. in Pittsburgh, PA
Software Engineer for ANDROID Overview / Role:
Responsibilities include design and implementation of components for Android products. This will include UI development, services, content providers, as well as Linux internals to ensure successful product integration with mobile handsets.
Experience / Skills Required:
- 3+ years total experience developing client applications
- 3+ years C++ experience
- 2+ years Java experience
- 2+ years sockets experience
- 2+ years Linux or Unix experience
- 1+ years device development Android (or have worked on side projects on this platform)
- Deep understanding of OOP concepts
- Deep understanding of operating system concepts
- Good knowledge of sockets programming for both TCP+UDP
- Good communicator and documentation skills
- Motivated to build it right the first time
- Knowledge of TDD and design patterns
Software Engineer for ANDROID Education Required:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
More Information About Our Company:
Smith Micro Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: SMSI), creates new possibilities through developing mobile applications and solutions to solve customer problems. For our insight into the market, we develop new applications that put you in control of your digital lifestyle. Our portfolio of products and services spans Connectivity Management, Communications and Content Management solutions. To complete our solutions, we also provide server software applications and services to help our customers manage their software investments.
Headquartered in Southern California, Smith Micro operates offices throughout North America as well as maintaining an international presence in Europe and Asia. Smith Micro’s complete lines of products are available through leading mobile operators, device and PC manufacturers, national retail storefronts and direct from its websites.
Smith Micro Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Smith Micro Software, Inc. offers competitive Software-Engineer- salary and excellent benefits.