Software Engineer Job Description:
Design, develop, test, and implement solutions using commercial software integration and custom applications; assure that application designs are consistent with the technology goals for infrastructure and application architecture; supervise the work of developers on projects. Typical work-related activities include:
- Develop system specifications and software engineering designs for implementation by self or others.
- Lead a team of exempt staff in systems development and assist in developing junior staff.
- Analyze system requirements and provide recommendations for alternative business approaches to business analysts. Advance agreed-upon requirements into solution designs that incorporate commercial software and, as needed, custom components.
- Invent software architectures that integrate with commercial products where feasible.
- Author design documents using standard templates and design processes.
- Review the design and application code (configurations) written by others.
- Provide analysis of technical alternatives and make recommendations.
- Write software programs or commercial software configurations.
- Create and execute unit tests to assure software quality. Assure the quality of the unit testing performed by others.
- Provide production support when called upon.
- Develop working knowledge of the ACT business and the technologies that enable it.
- Coordinate projects by scheduling, assigning tasks and monitoring project progress.
- Provide project/task time and estimates.
- Consult with users regarding program usage and future developments.
- Maintain standards to assure software quality.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and techniques.
- Plan and conduct component/system tests.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in making work-related decisions.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with other staff members and with ACT clients.
Software Engineer Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and five years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and expertise. Experience to include the design, development, and analysis of applications using Java, J2EE, Struts, XML, and Oracle. Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment criminal background check as a condition of employment.
Compensation of Software Engineer: Starting Software-Engineer–salary commensurate with qualifications. Excellent benefits and work environment.
<<< To Apply >>>
To more Software Engineer Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.