Prudential for Sr Accounting Associate in Newark, NJ
Investment Operations Overview: The mission of Investment Accounting Operations is to perform timely and accurate transaction processing and cash collection for Public and Private assets managed by Prudential, in a highly controlled fashion, and to make quality data available to investment managers, enterprise reporting units, and clients to enable the appropriate completion of Regulatory, Investment and Performance Reporting.
The Senior Accounting Associate is responsible for maintaining investment, accounting, reporting and record keeping systems to support Prudential Business Units. Responsibilities will include:
- trade processing
- review the financial statements of Limited Partnerships/Joint Ventures
- processing for corporate actions, deal restructurings and write-offs/write-downs
- return of capital, principal, interest and dividend processing
- processing P & L pick up
- following STAT and GAAP accounting rules for processing Other Invested Assets
- preparation of manual vouchers
- development of wire transfer and support for money movements related to bank activity
- ensure cash is being accurately reflected in Ledger and is by bank payment activity
- perform/account for securities moves
- special projects
- monitor data integrity
- overtime required during peak periods
Qualifications of Sr Accounting Associate
The ideal candidate will have experience in accounting for joint ventures and other invested assets, focusing primarily on partnership accounting, is motivated, confident, enjoys being challenged and works well individually and in a team-based environment.
Requirements also include:
- Experience with equity method and cost accounting for partnerships preferred
- Experience using Investran preferred
- Accounting degree
- Knowledge of financial statements/K-1s
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and work in a deadline oriented environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- PC skills with knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail
- Ability to learn and adapt to database and client server applications and reporting tools
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history, and our brand.
Prudential and its affiliates, Newark, New Jersey are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers and are committed to diversity in our workforce.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
To apply for Sr Accounting Associate Job: http://tinyurl.com/49csxwb