National Nuclear Security Administration: Cost Accountant – Texas
A successful candidate in this position will serve on an FRPAD team that reviews the validity of the M&O contractor’s claimed cost savings from cost reduction activities. Cost Accountant Salary range $98,633.00 to $157,789.00 / Per Year.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as Experience evaluating all aspects of a cost accounting system such as inspection and measurement techniques, quality and process control methods, statistical analyses, cause analysis and corrective/prevention actions, organizational compliance with a variety of quality principles, and economic initiatives.
As a Cost Accountant, you will:
- Develop systems and processes to track and measure contractor cost reduction activities. Conducts studies and reviews to analyze, evaluate, and validate contractor cost reduction claims and similar fee payments.
- As the resident subject matter expert for cost reduction activity, understand the contractor’s cost saving reporting systems used to provide detailed cost reports for cost reduction claims and equal fee payments for all work performed under this Contract.
- Use and evaluate the cost reports that provide contractor profiles and baselines for labor costs, labor category and FTE resource usage for all direct and indirect costs.
- Analyze for reasonableness the contractor proposed cost baseline for the fiscal year and review contractor proposed cost impacts for scope changes to the baseline throughout the fiscal year.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs). You do not need to provide a separate narrative written statement. Instead, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to perform the duties of this position successfully. Please do not write “see resume” in your application, as this will NOT satisfy the requirements.
- Skill applying operative, investigative, and analytical techniques to professional cost accounting theory, principles, procedures, concepts, and techniques; standards and their application sufficient to plan, direct, develop, review, implement, and evaluate, Site Office and M&O Contractor activities about cost reduction initiatives and objectives.
- Ability to perform complex studies and assessments that encompass all aspects of the M&O Contract for an assigned NNSA Site Office.
- Skill in verbal communications to promulgate new operating policies, to advise management of operational issues or system development processes, and to effectively report findings, observations, and recommendations.
- Skill in written communication to prepare correspondence, report, and issue papers.