The Oncology Nurse Educator (ONE) is a field-based position within specified geography reporting to the National Director – Oncology Nurse Educators. The primary role is to interact with Allied Health Customers (PA, NP, Nurses, Pharmacists, Techs, support staff) in targeted key accounts and provide clinical in-services/educational presentations. The ONE’s focus is to expand Polycythemia Vera (PV) Disease state Awareness and Patient Identification through these interactions. The ONE works in close collaboration with other regional commercial field colleagues.
Looking for a challenge and a chance to grow your career?
Then Incyte is the pharmaceutical company for you. While our pipeline demonstrates the ability to compete with much larger pharmaceutical businesses in selecting compelling targets and creating high-quality drug candidates, our smaller size enables employees to see the direct impact of their contributions on the direction of the company. Due to our smart, agile culture and cutting-edge science, we delivered a novel, first-to-market product in an unmet medical need in 2011 – the first in the company’s history.
Opportunities for taking on new and/or additional responsibilities, in addition to advancement, are an essential element in our culture. Add to that a science-based, fast-paced work environment and you’ve got an exciting company in which to work.
In addition to opportunities for growth, we offer outstanding benefits and compensation package to help meet personal needs as well.
Take a look at our current openings to find the match that’s right for you!
Incyte Corporation values the talents of our diverse workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oncology Nurse Educator Job Responsibilities
- Provide relevant disease state education to Allied Health customers
- Educate Allied Health clients on appropriate patient identification and role for Jakafi in the treatment of PV and MF
- Identify key individuals in targeted accounts
- Evaluate customer’s relevant educational needs
- Provide support for Patient Advocacy groups and meetings
- Attend and support relevant medical and nursing conferences and meetings (national/regional/local)
The particular type of experience preferred:
- Oncology / Hematology expertise in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Disease state and product-related educator experience
- Experience and relationships with health care providers within the assigned region
- Experience in academic or community practice working with Hem/MPN patients
Minimum Requirements of Oncology Nurse Educator:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (*consideration may be given to other Allied Health professionals – Physician Assistants with recent MPN/Hem clinical specialty experience)
- 5+ years of clinical oncology/hematology experience
- Current active nursing license (*consideration may be given with current, active PA license)
- Ability to travel regionally & overnight at least 50%
- Ability to work nights & weekends as needed
<<< To Apply Oncology Nurse Educator >>>
To more Nursing Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.