This position serves as an Assistant Teacher for a Grand Street Settlement Early Childhood classroom. The UPK Assistant Teacher will work collaboratively with the Teacher to ensure the successful operation of a classroom with a total of 15-20 children. The Assistant Teacher also works with a team of other classroom teachers and family members to implement the curriculum to achieve outcomes for children of all abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Assistant Teacher’s responsibilities chiefly fall within the following core functions, although s/he may perform other tasks as needed:
- Child Growth & Development: Implements a child-centered curriculum and learning environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement in learning, and self-motivation to promote the development in all domains for children of all abilities.
- Planning: Responsible for collaborating with the Lead Teacher in the preparation of daily lesson plans
- Program Implementation: Provide positive guidance and discipline supporting children as they acquire readiness skills for kindergarten and beyond
- Family Partnerships: Encourage parent participation in staff-parent conferences and home visits discussing their child’s development and education
- Communication and Service Coordination: Maintain regular contact with parents and complete appropriate documentation; Direct developmental concerns to the Health, Nutrition and
- Disabilities Coordinator
- Record Keeping and Reporting: Request supplies as needed and participate in classroom/program inventory as requested
- On-going Monitoring and Self-Assessment: Work with the teaching team to analyze child outcomes on a classroom basis twice yearly
UPK Assistant Teacher Requirements:
- Child Development Associate Certificate (CDA) in Early Childhood Education or AAS in Early
- Childhood Education; BA/BS in Early Childhood Education preferred.
- Minimum two years of previous teaching experience
- Basic computer literacy in email, Microsoft Office.
- Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance and DOI Fingerprints
- Mandated Reporter Training Certificate
- Obtain CPR and First Aid certification within the first year of employment.
- DEPARTMENT: Early Childhood Services
- UPK Assistant Teacher SALARY RANGE: $25,195-$28,362, plus excellent benefits
- REPORTS TO Site Coordinator
To apply UPK Assistant Teacher Job >>> http://www.indeed.com/rc/clk?jk=404f0403787066a5
Please click hire to more Teacher Jobs