ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS of Spanish Teacher Long Term Substitute:
The minimum performance expectations include, but are not limited to, the following actions:
- Meets and instructs the students(s) in the locations and at the time designated;
- Develops and maintains the physical environment of the classroom that is conducive to effective learning within the limits of resources provided by the system;
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows evidence of preparation upon request of the immediate supervisor;
- Encourages students to set and maintain high standards of classroom behavior; Provides an effective program of instruction to include:
- Instructional skills;
- Knowledge of child growth and development;
- Knowledge and use of materials and resources in accordance with the adopted curriculum and consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided;
- Demonstrates mastery of content area;
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities;
- Maintains and upholds school and county policies and procedures;
- Maintains records as required by law, system policy, and administrative regulations;
- Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules and administrative regulations.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes within contractual commitments;
- Attends and participates in faculty and department meetings;
- Cooperates with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods;
- Assists in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials;
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and colleagues concerning both the academic and behavioral progress of all students;
- Establishes and maintains cooperative professional relations with others;
- Performs related duties as assigned by the administration in accordance with the school/system policies and practices.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND NATURE OF WORK CONTACTS:
- Duties performed typically in school settings to include: classroom; gym, cafeteria; auditorium; and recreational areas.
- Frequent walking, standing, light lifting, up to 40 pounds, and other limited physical activities are required.
- Occasional travel with students on field trips may be necessary.
- Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required.
- Regular Instruction to special needs children may be necessary.
- Occasional lifting of equipment such as audio-visuals weighing up to 50 pounds may be required.
- Daily personal and close contact with children to provide classroom management and learning environment support is required.
- Regular contact with other staff members and parents is required.
- Occasional contact with medical professionals may be required.
- Frequent contact with parents by phone and in person is necessary.
Spanish Teacher Long Term Substitute Evaluation:
- Performance will be evaluated on the ability and effectiveness in carrying out the above responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Candidates must hold or be eligible for a Virginia teaching certificate with an endorsement in Spanish K-12.
Job Title Spanish Teacher Long Term Substitute
Primary Location Western Albemarle High School
Salary Range Teacher Scale, depending on experience and qualifications
Shift Type Full-Time
<<< To Apply Spanish Teacher Long Term Substitute >>>
To more Teacher Jobs, please CLICK HIRE to Find your dream job! Search for jobs, posts your resume, compare salaries and find career advice and research.