Eaton: Accounting Analyst – Arden, NC
Eaton has an opening for a Financial Analyst or Accounting Analyst in Arden, NC. Eaton is a power management company with 2014 sales of $22.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
Because of the pivotal role we play, Eaton is committed to creating and maintaining powerful customer relationships built on a foundation of excellence. From the products we manufacture to our dedicated customer service and support, we know what’s important to you.
Provide accounting analysis and support to both accounting and non-accounting personnel. Maintain control of financials by identifying any potential weaknesses and instituting corrective actions where necessary. Suggest, initiate, and implement reports where appropriate. Assists the Controller’s organization in providing accurate and timely information. Provides financial information and analysis to other departments within the organization. The essential functions are:
- Maintains and is responsible for Asheville payroll.
- Committed to achieving continuous improvement and total quality in the performance of all assigned duties and around the business.
- Provides financial analysis and assistance to the Plant Controller, Accounting Manager, and Accounting Supervisor through an in-depth understanding of company accounting policies, practices, and business operations.
- Assists in monthly financial closing including ledger entries and reconciliation.
- Completes periodic audits of the payroll accounting system to assure system integrity.
- Participates and assists in internal audits.
- Assists in the evaluation of physical inventory.
- Performs special projects related to financial information or control of financials.
- Follow returned material and related claims through final disposition of the material.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 1-year accounting experience.
- Must be eligible to work in U.S. without company sponsorship.
- Relocation not included. Must live within 50 miles of the work location to be considered.
- Accounting or Finance degree preferred
- Previous public accounting experience a plus
- Experience within the manufacturing industry a plus
- Payroll processing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Oracle, AS400, MAPICS or other ERP and Microsoft Office.
- Strong understanding of general accounting principles, practices and theories, and knowledge of the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Strong MS Office computer skills need as well as accounting computer systems.
- Strong communication skills, multi-task management skills, and strong creative and analytical ability.